Is it true that OBC can’t be used for excursions??

Leejnd4

I’m definitely confused. I’m pretty sure this topic was recently discussed in here, and I thought the answer was that we could. But we just looked at our e-docs and saw this:

“Onboard credit is non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. It is valid for all expenses on board, once all eligible discounts have been applied. Not valid on
excursions, pre-bookable and pre-payable tours,
excursions or cruise programmes or for gratuities.”

We were assuming we’d use our OBC for a PG snorkel excursion…😕

2 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

I’m definitely confused. I’m pretty sure this topic was recently discussed in here, and I thought the answer was that we could. But we just looked at our e-docs and saw this:

“Onboard credit is non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. It is valid for all expenses on board, once all eligible discounts have been applied. Not valid on
excursions, pre-bookable and pre-payable tours,
excursions or cruise programmes or for gratuities.”

We were assuming we’d use our OBC for a PG snorkel excursion…😕

I would call PG  ... we've always been able to use our OBC for ship excursions. Something new?

• Like 1

How much was it? I used $1200 OBC (combination from PG and TA) for our two PG excursions, for the three of us, in June. If something changed, I don't know what else you would use it for because there's really nothing besides some trinkets in the shop or some top shelf wine or liquor for which you could use it up on. What is the name of the paper that you're looking at and I will compare it to mine that I still have if you like?

You must be getting to ready to leave soon Leanne! I hope you have a great trip and this is just a simple mistake somehow 🙂

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkestBlue said:

How much was it? I used $1200 OBC (combination from PG and TA) for our two PG excursions, for the three of us, in June. If something changed, I don't know what else you would use it for because there's really nothing besides some trinkets in the shop or some top shelf wine or liquor for which you could use it up on. What is the name of the paper that you're looking at and I will compare it to mine that I still have if you like?

You must be getting to ready to leave soon Leanne! I hope you have a great trip and this is just a simple mistake somehow 🙂

We have I think about $1000 total. Our plan is to use some of it for an excursion and the rest for massages. 

I’m relieved to hear that it worked for you in June! I’m not going to worry about it. Worst case, we pay for the one excursion and maybe get more massages. Or go wild and buy some crazy expensive wine. LOL!

Yes it’s coming up SOON! I leave to fly up to LA on Nov 2. We will spend two nights there in order to run a few errands (stuff I can’t do down here in Mexico) and then we fly to Papeete on the 4th. Spending 4 nights at an Airbnb you. The hills, with a pool and spectacular view. We’ll have a rental car to do some touring of Tahiti. Then we board on Nov 8! And yup, I’m getting super excited. 😁😁😁

58 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

We have I think about $1000 total. Our plan is to use some of it for an excursion and the rest for massages. 

I’m relieved to hear that it worked for you in June! I’m not going to worry about it. Worst case, we pay for the one excursion and maybe get more massages. Or go wild and buy some crazy expensive wine. LOL!

Yes it’s coming up SOON! I leave to fly up to LA on Nov 2. We will spend two nights there in order to run a few errands (stuff I can’t do down here in Mexico) and then we fly to Papeete on the 4th. Spending 4 nights at an Airbnb you. The hills, with a pool and spectacular view. We’ll have a rental car to do some touring of Tahiti. Then we board on Nov 8! And yup, I’m getting super excited. 😁😁😁

Ah yes the spa! Lol that is an easy place to spend money I can't believe I forgot 🙌🙂

Just wanted to mention for you to be careful running in those hills! The three of us  went up to an observation area just outside the airport, up in the hills, hoping to run into an astronomy group up there at their meeting place. The gate was locked, so we set up our equipment in a little piece of their driveway, at the end of the dead end road, in front of the gate. 10 minutes go by, our eyes have just adjusted to the dark so we can see the Milky Way, and suddenly dogs coming down on us! We were on a public street, we were on no individuals property, but literally scared the you know what out of us, as we threw the equipment into the rental car and closed the door just as the dogs got to us. They chased us all the way down the street, which we then saw a newly lit up property, with 6 ft tall cement walls, topped by broken glass and an iron gate. The street was completely dark when we drove up. Please be careful.

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Leejnd4 I believe you are still onboard the PG.  I would love it if you could come back after your trip or sooner, if you feel like it, to let us know how the cruise and excursions are going.  Any information will be welcomed!  How was the diving on Moorea?  

Thank you,

~Nancy

On 11/15/2023 at 7:04 PM, oakridger said:

Hi @Leejnd4 I believe you are still onboard the PG.  I would love it if you could come back after your trip or sooner, if you feel like it, to let us know how the cruise and excursions are going.  Any information will be welcomed!  How was the diving on Moorea?  

Thank you,

~Nancy

Sorry for the delayed response! Got back a couple of days ago but it’s been BUSY BUSY BUSY. 

The cruise was AMAZING!! The diving was spectacular! And yes, I used my OBC for the dives. We had so much OBC that my dives ended up being free. 😁

That’s all I got time for now…it’s Thanksgiving and I gotta run. I promise to post a detailed review with pics and video when I can get caught up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...