Cancellation of cruise in the Middle East

Hill Country Dakota

34 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just saw a post on another forum indicating that Virgin Voyages just changed itineraries of three upcoming cruises that were scheduled to be in the Suez/Red Sea area this spring.

Unlike Oceania, they are doing the right thing. 

Guests on any of the three former sailings will have guaranteed spots on the new sailing at no additional cost. Guests who do not wish to sail the new itinerary can receive a future voyage credit based on their paid balance or a full refund. 

Seabourn has been doing similar  - full refund  - have also read a discount on a future cruise, but not sure that discount is across the board   - full refund is 

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just saw a post on another forum indicating that Virgin Voyages just changed itineraries of three upcoming cruises that were scheduled to be in the Suez/Red Sea area this spring.

Guests on any of the three former sailings will have guaranteed spots on the new sailing at no additional cost. Guests who do not wish to sail the new itinerary can receive a future voyage credit based on their paid balance or a full refund. 

Virgin only have one ship in Asia sot it’s a little but easier to rearrange than when you have several. No comparison really.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

My cruise that was a segment of the ATW was cancelled and I can't complain one iota about the communication. Email was received stating full moneys would be refunded automatically and costs associated with flight changes/cancellations would be available up to$300US per passenger. Im rebooking on another cruise that ends up being a bit cheaper so we should get a decent refund as well . 

• Like 2

@basor and @daydreamer62 -- a cancellation is quite a different thing from what O did on the Nov 23 cruise, which is what this thread (and my post) are referencing.

@Vallesan IIRC, Oceania only had one ship in the region last November that was impacted.  Also, you typed your response text into my quoted text box, so I can't pull up your quote properly, hence the callout. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

@basor and @daydreamer62 -- a cancellation is quite a different thing from what O did on the Nov 23 cruise, which is what this thread (and my post) are referencing.

@Vallesan IIRC, Oceania only had one ship in the region last November that was impacted.  Also, you typed your response text into my quoted text box, so I can't pull up your quote properly, hence the callout. 

True but you quoted what Virgin Voyages is doing now for their just canceled Red Sea cruises not last Nov so thought it relative to mention what O is doing NOW for their just canceled Red Sea transit cruise.....apples to apples

Edited by basor
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, basor said:

True but you quoted what Virgin Voyages is doing now for their just canceled Red Sea cruises not last Nov so thought it relative to mention what O is doing NOW for their just canceled Red Sea transit cruise.....apples to apples

Apples to apples would be to say that no other cruise line did what O did to those passengers in November: snatching back an offer that they put on the table.

At least they seem to have learned their lesson (I hope).

• Like 3

Thank you for proving my point - you were comparing what Virgin Voyages is doing now to what O did in Nov....I am in no way debating what O did in Nov was acceptable or right .

• Like 5