birthday cake?

StarAFire

Hi,

I wasn't sure... does Princess have something similar to NCL in this respect.  Last year, when we were on NCL, and it was my dad's birthday, NCL gave me a card, where we could give to any of the restaurants waiters, and they gave him a free small birthday cake.

Thanks!

Yes the do have a small piece of cake for ones birthday. If you want a whole cake talk to the dinning room supervisor a few days in advance. You may have to talk with your waiter or the supervisor. They use to put a Happy Birthday sign on your door. Not sure if they do that anymore. 

Tom😀

11 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Be sure to note it when completing your online preferences prior to the cruise. There is a question about special occasions you are celebrating onboard. 

I think special occasions was removed from the cruise Personalizer, I believe you now need to inform your TA or call Princess to add, why the change, I do not know.

• Like 1

this was my cake on our last cruise...if they don't give you a card for it, it might show up on your birthday with singing (the actual lit candle depends on the ship, some yes some no), I would imagine that if you told them that night when you get there they would also be able to do it even if you haven't signed up before...you can add a birthday or other celebration in the app (go to personal info & documents, then scroll down to the suggested section & there is add a celebration, you can pick the type of celebration & a date...it doesn't have to be on your birthday--I celebrated my May birthday in March)...the door screen & the medallion screens will wish you a happy birthday as you pass by them & there might be a sign (no more balloons) on your door...other than that it just depends, I have gotten on various cruises: $40 spa credit, nothing, & our last cruise a beautiful bouquet that the room steward brought 

2023-03-13 19.09.26.jpg

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I think special occasions was removed from the cruise Personalizer, I believe you now need to inform your TA or call Princess to add, why the change, I do not know.

Don't know about the website's cruise personalizer.  It is on the Princess App, but I'm not sure that checkbox is going to get a B-day cake in the MDR.  I would also just notify the wait staff in the MDR.   

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

It can be added online. I have both my birthday and our anniversary listed for our upcoming cruise.

8 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

this was my cake on our last cruise...if they don't give you a card for it, it might show up on your birthday with singing (the actual lit candle depends on the ship, some yes some no), I would imagine that if you told them that night when you get there they would also be able to do it even if you haven't signed up before...you can add a birthday or other celebration in the app (go to personal info & documents, then scroll down to the suggested section & there is add a celebration, you can pick the type of celebration & a date...it doesn't have to be on your birthday--I celebrated my May birthday in March)...the door screen & the medallion screens will wish you a happy birthday as you pass by them & there might be a sign (no more balloons) on your door...other than that it just depends, I have gotten on various cruises: $40 spa credit, nothing, & our last cruise a beautiful bouquet that the room steward brought 

2023-03-13 19.09.26.jpg

That's the way it happens!  Well put travelin.sisters!  One other thing to not it is possible that they compress 30lbs of chocolate into that block (cake) it is a chocolate overdose.

Cheers