Main stage show?

bobpell

2 hours ago, partybarbie said:

Sunday night’s show is vocalist Bryan Cheetham. The first show is 7:30 pm, in the Princess Theater. Go to the app and look under Journey View. It gives the events of the day there. Bon Voyage 🛳️ 

Since you'll be on the Ruby shortly could you possible check if the IC still has the Cuban sandwich being served?

Thanks.

Caribbean Cruise Enchanted Princess Cuban Sandwich 12 12 2022 PC120048 lum.jpg

30 minutes ago, bobpell said:

Thanks...partybarbie

I went on the app.

We jumped ship from HAL cause the main stage entertainment deteriorated over the last ten years. hope Princess can deliver

Bob

If you are a fan of Crooner’s (martini bar), our friend, Paul, is the pianist. He is excellent. Also lots of live music and places to dance on this ship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We've seen all of the productions shows numerous times and look forward to any new guest entertainers. 

You just hit on one reason (out of many) that we cruise on many different cruise lines.  The sameness of shows, menus, etc. drives us to seek variety.  Our last few cruises (this year) have been on HAL, Seabourn, and Explora Journeys.  After our upcoming Sky Princess cruise we have booked Oceania, Silverseas and Seabourn.  

On our Princess cruises we have often heard complaints from frequent crusiers about the old shows, stale menus, etc.  That always prompts our question, "why keep booking the same line if you are tired of the sameness?"  On the other hand, we always look forward to the salt variety in the Crown Grill.  The quality of the beef might suck, but the salt is always good :).  Strange way to promote a restaurant....salt?

One big issue with Princess is that even if we only cruise (with them) once every three years, the Production Shows are often the same :(.  On the other hand, they could follow HAL's lead and simply eliminate all the Production Shows.

Hank

19 hours ago, bobpell said:

Thanks...partybarbie

I went on the app.

We jumped ship from HAL cause the main stage entertainment deteriorated over the last ten years. hope Princess can deliver

Bob

The entertainment, particularly the main stage shows, are also a major factor for us in choosing a cruise. I don't hear that very often here, so it's nice to meet someone else for whom that's a factor.  I think the best stage shows we've seen overall have been on RC, although there were a couple of real duds.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:40 AM, charliedalrymple said:

The entertainment, particularly the main stage shows, are also a major factor for us in choosing a cruise. I don't hear that very often here, so it's nice to meet someone else for whom that's a factor.  I think the best stage shows we've seen overall have been on RC, although there were a couple of real duds.

The shows aren't a make or break for us in choosing, hence why we stick with Princess for other reasons. Overall Princess shows are just ok in general compared to some other lines we have been on. By far the best and most professional shows we have seen have been on NCL and Disney, but NCL really does it right. Their productions of Six, Choir of Man and Jersey Boys are top notch!

Edited by karatemom2