Great Stirrup Cay

Linda VH

Does anyone know what is available if I don’t go ashore?  Will the pool grille be open, etc.    I have no desire to explore a private island so I’ll probably hang out onboard and chill if anything’s open.  TIA

There will not be the extra activities or at least not many going on….that is normal for a port day. But the pool and bars and places to eat will be open on a normal day time schedule. 
We often have a “sea day” at a port we are not interested in. I like to have room service on those days, breakfast, lunch and cocktails on the balcony and read.

• Like 1

There are a significant number of passengers for whom the ship it the destination. These folks tend to stay on board always.
Even for those who do an excursion, many are a half day and doing two half day excursions in one day is somewhat rare and sometimes impossible.
So ... if you stay on board you will find lots of people on the ship and a generally convivial atmosphere with almost all venues open as usual.

15 hours ago, DavidTheWonderer said:

There are a significant number of passengers for whom the ship it the destination. These folks tend to stay on board always.
Even for those who do an excursion, many are a half day and doing two half day excursions in one day is somewhat rare and sometimes impossible.
So ... if you stay on board you will find lots of people on the ship and a generally convivial atmosphere with almost all venues open as usual.

Hi David.  That's been our own same experience, as well.  As the years "roll by", I find my own energy level decreasing a bit and just don't look forward to a whole day (or even a half day) of "walking my tail off" on excursions.  But I find it very enjoyable to meet some nice people on the pool deck or perhaps in the Connoisseur Club, and just strike up some good conversations over some adult beverages.  DW finds the excursions a bit more enjoyable than I do.  So oftentimes, she will go on an excursion with some "new friends" while I stay onboard for the day.  Best Regards.

• Like 1

It probably is. Things on the Belize NCL island were all extra charge unless it was something that came with the ship’s tour like the rum punch. It is just like any other stop but newer and not as crowded unless you are docked with the Bliss😂

17 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Just a different question about Great Stirrup Cay. I’ve heard that NCL cruisers who stop there find that food, drinks, and many activities are at additional charge. Is the same true in the case of Regent guests?

You are thinking of Harvest Caye, where everything is an extra charge.  We’ve visited GSC a dozen times, and never paid extra for any food or drink (assuming we had the beverage package).  Basic lounge chairs are included, but “excursions” are extra…such as clamshell sunshades, cabanas, snorkel gear, floats.

I believe all the same policies are in place for all of the NCLH cruise brands, we’ve shared the stop with other ships in the past and never noticed them checking ship cards for access to anything.

We have always enjoyed a day here. Mostly you are their with no NCL ships, which means a large empty beach with the Regent crew manning the buffet and bars with no extra charges. Like you we often stay on board the ship in many Carribean ports, like Nassau, San Juan and St. Thomas. However, GSC is a nice relaxing beach day, so take tender and enjoy the day.

• Thanks 1