Stirling Rd. Comfort Inn?

bandpthoma

Would love to see a review on this Comfort Inn if indeed it has been renovated. This was, in the past, our favorite place to stay. Recent reports have not been good. We loved the excellent shuttle service and breakfast. I hope they get their act together as they are losing many cruise passengers.:confused:

We were there just last December. I'd be interested in their definition of "recently" refurbished because it was definately a 70's type style if you ask me.

This place is one of the two WORST hotels we've ever been in. The other being a Comfort Inn in Key West. The room had it's own miniture livestock (roaches), it was filthy dirty, the dead bolt didn't work, there was no hot water (luke warm at best), maintenance knocked on the door around 06:00 AM only to discover they had the wrong room, the maid just walked in at 07:00 without knocking (remember the broken dead bolt?) and it appeared that I could have rented one of a couple of ladies that were haning around for the evening. To top it all off, staff couldn't care less. They don't even bother asking anyone how their night was. Aparently they already know.

Pass on this dump. Maybe the next huricane that goes through FL will do us all a favor and wipe out this blight while leaving everything else alone.

Forget about this "newly renovated" business. Hotels brag about this for years after a renovation. Call there and ask when the renovation took place. To sum up what has been written about this place -- It's a dump, stay at your own risk.

• 4 months later...
Forget about this "newly renovated" business. Hotels brag about this for years after a renovation. Call there and ask when the renovation took place. To sum up what has been written about this place -- It's a dump, stay at your own risk.

Agree with your recently renovated statement. Also, sometimes hotels purchase new bedspreads and pillows or minor things like that and call that a renovation, so just beware when booking.

I have stayed there not again if you want to stay there and you want a clean place to stay,and a live zoo get yourself a maid and a zoo keeper!!!!!!!! I'm am staying right down from there called laQuinta they have the same bennys as the comfort inn and it is closer to places to eat and shop if you forget something of any kind liquid that you can not bring on the plane. for more info e-mail me

Anyone recently stayed here? what do you think for a pre cruise stay at an affordable rate, we don't need fancy, just clean would be nice.

Thanks..

Trust the previous posts. This place is NOT clean. It's not in a good part of town. It's staff couldn't care less. The rooms come with their own livestock (roaches et....).

We made the mistake of staying here on the cheap because, after all, it's only one night. How bad can it be? Trust the posts above, it CAN be that bad. This is one of the all time worst hotels I've ever seen. We'd have been better off just hanging out at the airport all night long as to attempt to get any rest at this place.

These two hotels on Stirling Rd gets a bad rap. THEY SHOULD!!!! They are not safe. Way too many break-ins. Purses stolen, Loud scary people.

I know of one couple, after a long flight they were shuttled over to the hotel, got the key went to the room, dropped the luggage, and then went to the front desk to ask about the shuttles in the morning. They were not gone 10 minutes and the room had been broken into and they stole jewerly, medicines, and a few dollars. They considered themselves lucky that they were not hurt. Its bad.

That's a sad way to start your vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

So another recommendation is??? Looking for the complimentary shuttle services from airport & to cruiseport. The continental breakfast is nice, but not required..... Clean & Safe is required. Flying in Sunday before Turkey day for 1 night and worried about getting a reservation made ASAP. Would appreciate any advice and reasonable accomodations~

We stay at Sleep Inn in Dania.. they pick you up at airport but go to the website to see about transport to the port (we are getting a ride so I am not sure)... people on our Sept 16 sailing are staying at Amerisuites in FLL because they got a good rate AND they provide the transportation you are looking for!

I believe there's a La Quinta that offers shuttle service to/from airport and to the pier.

We're booked into the Hampton Inn North which advertises an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the pier. I'm not sure that any of them are allowed to pick up at the pier anymore but, that's just from reading a few posts on CC. I've never actually needed a shuttle from the pier to the hotel before.

Thanks for the info Host C and Jagmanss1 - really appreciate the link! Makes it so nice & easy :) Checked it out and looks good to me. Will book it right away. I've stayed at the C.I. that was mentioned at the beginning - twice actually. The rooms were pretty bad. The food was ok. The hotel service was good - IF you got the right clerk. We were pretty fortunate from what I've heard. There had been mentions in the past about guests getting things stolen. Not the best way to start out your vacation - for sure!

dougp26364 - your description of the Comfort Inn was pretty on the mark and brought back memories ~ I remember thinking the same thing about it would have been better staying at the airport all night because the rooms were pretty bad. Cheaper is not better ~ but it can be an ugly lesson :rolleyes:

Good wishes to everyone on their upcoming cruises~

We stayed at the Comfort Inn about 5 years ago and it was full of contradictions! I didn't like the dingy room at all but the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Our biggest concern was the district this hotel is in, we found it to be scary. We (not knowing any better) walked around the area a little looking for a place to eat. Lots of undesirables hanging around which made us fear we could be robbed or worse. We personally would not return there are safer places to stay.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn about 5 years ago and it was full of contradictions! I didn't like the dingy room at all but the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Our biggest concern was the district this hotel is in, we found it to be scary. We (not knowing any better) walked around the area a little looking for a place to eat. Lots of undesirables hanging around which made us fear we could be robbed or worse. We personally would not return there are safer places to stay.

That breakfast wasn't wonderful when we were there last December. Nothing they set out was digestable with the exception of the yogurt. I ended up walking the half block down the street to the McDonalds to get something to eat.

Archived