Internet---15% Discount Ending

daveoc

13 hours ago, daveoc said:

Just to add to my original post. I've logged in to personaliser this morning and the advert for 15% off is still there but the wording saying it is ending 31/10/23 has gone. Make of that what you will.

I’ve just checked the Cruise Personaliser for our January cruise and it still says that the 15% introductory offer ends 31st October. 

I do wonder if wi-fi on P&O ships has been so expensive so as  to discourage too many people from using it, as they know that with limited capacity the more people using it the slower it will get. So I'm hoping, perhaps over-optimistically that, when Starlink comes in with its greatly increased capacity, they might actually reduce the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

I do wonder if wi-fi on P&O ships has been so expensive so as  to discourage too many people from using it, as they know that with limited capacity the more people using it the slower it will get. So I'm hoping, perhaps over-optimistically that, when Starlink comes in with its greatly increased capacity, they might actually reduce the price.

I do love an optimist.😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

So I'm hoping, perhaps over-optimistically that, when Starlink comes in with its greatly increased capacity, they might actually reduce the price.

Our cruise personalisers for both our Ventura cruise next week and our Aurora cruise in January  have very much been suggesting that the new Starlink system is already live (or at least will be on our cruises). However, all mention of it has now disappeared. 

Does anyone know if the roll out has been delayed? I was under the impression that it was due to be live on all ships by the end of this year?

9 hours ago, Enjoyacruise said:

Thank you Selbourne and Gettingwarmer. It makes it a little more tempting for my forthcoming cruise.

I booked the internet package for an upcoming cruise last night and received both the 15% discount and the 10% loyalty club discount. Still not cheap but if it works well, it will be useful, if it doesn’t, we will make our feelings known to P&O. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

The 15% offer is funded by Starlink as part of the roll out. You need to book by 31/10 but applies for any cruise where Starlink should be deployed.

Thanks Molecrochip - How do you know this ? It’s not mentioned on the P&O site ?

I am on aurora dec 1st this year and the 15% discount is shown - so does that mean starlink will be live on aurora for that cruise ?

3 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Thanks Molecrochip - How do you know this ? It’s not mentioned on the P&O site ?

I am on aurora dec 1st this year and the 15% discount is shown - so does that mean starlink will be live on aurora for that cruise ?

PS I’m surprised they offer 2 options given it might be starlink - I would have thought that would be high speed for all ? Grateful for any info. 

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Molecrochip,

The cruise I have booked the discounted internet for is on Aurora departing on November 15. I assumed the larger ships will get starlink first - will Aurora have it by Nov 15?

Edited by pete14

33 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Molecrochip,

The cruise I have booked the discounted internet for is on Aurora departing on November 15. I assumed the larger ships will get starlink first - will Aurora have it by Nov 15?

Hi Pete. We were on Aurora 30 night last month Canada and USA and needed Internet. We purchased the ultimate package with the 15% discount plus our loyalty discount. I don't know whether Aurora has starlink but we had no problems with the Internet at all over the whole cruise. It worked very well around the ship including our balcony cabin and public areas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Molecrochip,

It’s fairly quick to rollout. I think that they have basically finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It wasn't great for Mystical Mother on our recent Aurora cruise.  Don't think it was Starlink.

It seems it may be available now. All we have to do now is persuade Amazon to deliver to the ship if we order anything. A drone onto the top deck may be a possibility 🌞😇?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1