Self indulgent question! Miso sea bass ...

Jane Mitchell

I understand that the miso sea bass is one of the "not to be missed" dishes and that it is usually served in Compass Rose on the evening of the Captain's Reception?  And that this is often the second night of a cruise segment.  My question is, is that the second evening onboard (ie the day after boarding) or the second full day aboard (ie two days after boarding).  I know it seems pedantic but I love miso black cod so I'm keen to try out a different variant! I'm getting ready to make my speciality restaurant reservations and don't want to miss this Compass Rose dish of legend!
(First time Regent cruiser, please be kind!)

19 minutes ago, carolina cruisin said:

Definitely don't want to miss it.  I never paid much attention to the numbered day of cruise it was served.  On our last cruise, nearly 30 days - recall having it 3-4 times.  I usually check the menu (on suite tv) in the morning and make my dining decision then).

Good plan!  I guess if I have a speciality dining reservation for that night I can always cancel it.  Thank you.

27 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

What is the Captain's Welcome Party? Is it in Compass Rose? Second night?

It used to be a welcome party in the theater, usually on the second day if the cruise. Lately, they have at times substituted a Captain’s introduction of officers just before the evening show.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, cwbegg said:

Miso glazed sea bass is available any night by request, at least 24 hours in advance.  The fish needs to marinate.  Check with your butler, waiter or the Compass Rose Maître d'.

Prep time (and advance request) is actually 48 hours according to Executive Chefs I've spoken with onboard the ships.

• Like 1