Queen Anne

Minnie29

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jerry987654321 said:

Yes please, i would be very interested in some pictures.  Thank you for your helpful posts during this voyage.

Thx 

A taster

Our 'light switches'

our en suite shower controls

IMG_1073.jpeg

Edited by Victoria2
Oops, will try and get shower without me in it
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Different combos for different rooms

and a dodgy shower control photo 

IMG_1080.jpeg

IMG_1079.jpeg

IMG_1078.jpeg

How many goes did you have at passing the test to use them?

9 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Let’s put it this way…it was a helluva surprise first thing. 😀

I managed to squirt myself unexpectedly in the face with our considerably less sophisticated installation. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have a waitlist inside cabin just come up for QA on June 7th boarding SOU around the Med for 16 nights with a great deal for a Single OCC,
and now just got to see my Consultant on Friday to say I am 100% OK to travel post-surgery and so I may book this as a very nice recovery trip - 16 nights plodding around the Med could be a nice boost for me.
Plus I really dont need to lift a finger or move around too much, nor even got off at Ports if I don't feel up to wandering too much.
I can get a deck chair on the pool deck and relax all day. 

I had a cervical spinal cord decompression so I just need to take it easy for 2-3 months but the Consultant says nothing to stop me sitting on a Liner for a couple of weeks and he preferred me not to fly.
Just got another dressing change this week and hope he lets me off the lead....

So....Queen Anne here I come possibly LOL >!!

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

If I may ask please re further to my post above about going on QA in a few weeks time on a Late Deal;
I've not been on board a Cunard ship since pre-covid in 2019, so as someone who likes late dinner on the 8:30pm fixed second seating what's the Britannia MDR dining room situation these days ?

I really want to stay on the same table (same Waiters etc) and dine late sitting at 8.30 - is that still possible?

TIA 

Edited by rog747

1 hour ago, rog747 said:

If I may ask please re further to my post above about going on QA in a few weeks time on a Late Deal;
I've not been on board a Cunard ship since pre-covid in 2019, so as someone who likes late dinner on the 8:30pm fixed second seating what's the Britannia MDR dining room situation these days ?

I really want to stay on the same table (same Waiters etc) and dine late sitting at 8.30 - is that still possible?

TIA 

Second sitting in the MDR is the same as it has always been, same table , same staff, 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jerry987654321 said:

Yes please, i would be very interested in some pictures.  Thank you for your helpful posts during this voyage.

Edit

Trying to show areas not available online already.

The secondary 'room' has pocket doors to make it private for a bedroom, and the main bedroom also has pocket door between the lobby and the room. Gives extra space.

IMG_1076.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

What's the one lying in a hammock do?

Very low lighting in order to avoid blinding sleepyheads. 🙂

There is an even lower light by the beds, but not tried that one.

Sorry some of the photos are taken at odd angles.

Don’t 'do' I woz 'ere photos so difficult to take without getting any reflection in.

Try these

The first is the guest/ second 'bathroom', no bath but with a very decent shower.

The second shows the pocket door lobby to bedroom

the third is a dreadful photo of the bath

fourth shows the loo alcove in the ensuite

fifth is bedroom 

sixth lobby to bedroom

hope I’ve not done overkill

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1087.jpeg

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1085.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

IMG_1083.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Poole Boy said:

Second sitting in the MDR is the same as it has always been, same table , same staff, 

That's good to know 

Many thanks for your kind reply 

3 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

Is anybody sailing in the cheap seats and willing to take photos of their cabin? Are the standard Britannia balconies noticeably different to QM2/QV/QE?

Lots of Vlogs on YouTube. I don’t think that they are much different in layout. The main improvement seems to be no shower curtain and USB sockets. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

Is anybody sailing in the cheap seats and willing to take photos of their cabin? Are the standard Britannia balconies noticeably different to QM2/QV/QE?

There are some details in this thread 

• Like 1

I note from today's email regarding the naming ceremony Queen Anne is having a Godparent.  Are they going gender neutral I wonder?

"of course the official naming of the ship by Queen Anne’s Godparent, followed by the iconic smashing of a bottle of champagne against the ship."

The other news is the appearance of Andrea Bocelli:

"We are thrilled to announce the world-renowned Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli will be performing. The maestro will be joined by legendary Liverpudlian TV personality and DJ, Craig Charles who will be teaming up with Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra for a unique collaboration. Craig will keep the party going until the grand finale, when Queen Anne sails away as light falls"

• Like 1

Thank you for the pictures.  We are booked in the Mersey suite Q1 for next year, Northern Lights voyage.  Cannot figure out from what I find online how the layout behind the bed connects to the Master bath and 2nd bath?  Seems like if that is true it would be unusual.  Your pictures look wonderful.  If you don't mind sharing, is it Q1 or Q2?  Thanks again.

19 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

Yes I would like to ask anyone in a Britannia stateroom if they could send a few photos.I’m sure there are a lot of us on CC that would appreciate that.

I'll happily oblige when I board on Friday and offer up my opinions on the view from the cheap seats.  I understand a cabin crawl is being planned for our voyage so I'm sure that there will be plenty of pictures coming through from all sorts of people.  Being in the lowest grade cabin myself I'm very interested to see the balcony cabins too as my husband is keen to join me on my next adventure on Quen Anne.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thankyou Will be looking forward to your reviews.We do not sail until August and will always make the choice of a Britannia balcony.Just love the atmosphere of the Britannia restaurant as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

Thankyou Will be looking forward to your reviews.We do not sail until August and will always make the choice of a Britannia balcony.Just love the atmosphere of the Britannia restaurant as well.

I think the Britannia Restaurant is the most beautiful room on QA, despite a lot of competition. It may be rather noisy though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry987654321 said:

Thank you for the pictures.  We are booked in the Mersey suite Q1 for next year, Northern Lights voyage.  Cannot figure out from what I find online how the layout behind the bed connects to the Master bath and 2nd bath?  Seems like if that is true it would be unusual.  Your pictures look wonderful.  If you don't mind sharing, is it Q1 or Q2?  Thanks again.

Sorry. I assumed you were in a 2, which is what the photos are of. I wouldn’t have posted them if they weren’t of use.

We are in  a1 next year, probably before your cruise so if no one has helped before then, I hopefully, I can help a bit.