Excursion Reservations for Group of 3 couples - Best way to handle

tbmrt

I've never cruised VV with others.  We are going from PR with a group of 6 and we'd really like to do excursions together.

When window opens for making excursions (night before) I intend to make reservations for all of us for an excursion we would not want to miss.  I understand this will get billed to my cc and I will collect for other couples. 

It would be alot easier if we could each make our own that evening, but I'm worried that some of us would snatch the excursion reservation and others may not.  

Our TA offered to make our reservations for this excursion, but probably wouldn't do so til the morning the reservation window opens.  I understand she has the same ability as us to get the reservations so I'm a bit worried about her being able to do so.

Best way to handle?

On another note......RE: Other excursion reservations made onboard from loot...If I make these for all does the cost get taken from each couple's loot or all from mine?

Thanks everyone in this wonderful board!

On 10/25/2023 at 6:41 AM, tbmrt said:

Our TA offered to make our reservations for this excursion, but probably wouldn't do so til the morning the reservation window opens.

Upon request, our TA stays up and books dinners and excursions when the bookings open. Usually around 11:30p ET. 

Started watching VV app to book excursions last night....Kept getting the message about come back 10/27 to book, etc.

At exactly midnight, I was able to book the excursion we wouldn't want to miss for the 3 couples in our group.  As I was told, all were charged to my credit card.  (Jost Van Dyke...many memories there!)

My TA offered to book for us, but didn't say anything about trying this night before excursion booking window opened so I was a bit nervous that we'd miss out on the opportunity to book the excursion we were most excited about.  I felt funny asking her to book the night before.

Will the loot for any paid activities that I make for our group when we first board the ship be charged to me or to their individual loot balances?

A very tired lady here this morning!

1 hour ago, neverendingcruising said:

Onboard it all charges to the person making the booking. 

Best way to handle 3 different cabins wanting the same excursion taken from their individual cabin's loot?  Perhaps best to go to Sailor Services immediately upon boarding?  OR if we book immediately individually and one couple cannot get that excursion, is there a chance Sailor Services could add it for them?