When your only port gets canceled and Carnival gives you 50% off future cruise

cocomango

Hello all,.

Asking here since they told us not to go to guest services.  Our Bemuda port just got canceled. They are giving $200 per stateroom and 50% off a future cruise. 

How does the 50% off work? 

There are 4 adults in our cabin. 

Do we all get the 50%?

The cruise director said future Venezia cruise. Does it have to be the same boat? 

Thank you! This is my 10th cruise but this is the first time I've encountered this! 

So if you paid $2000 for the cabin, you get a $1000 FCC. Technically you 'all' get it but I think it actually shows up in the VIFP account of the person who booked the cruise using their credit card. I don't think they divy it out separately. For most folks that is not a problem (eg, husband/wife). Not sure about the '4 friends' situation. Guest Services can answer, if necessary. So can 1-800-Carnival when you get home. They are just trying to avoid the 'long line' aboard. The point is this is all automatic.

And I've never heard it confined to a single ship. Obviously it's limited to Carnival and may have some kind of extended expiry date. Again, GS.

Edited by jsglow
  • Haha 1

This is the Venezia sailing that departed on oct 23. Bermuda port canceled due to strong winds.  Initial plan was to get us in and out of Veermuda 4 hours earlier that scheduled but loka like the hurricane picked up.strength and not safe to dock. Bermuda port did not clear us to dock.

4 hours ago, cocomango said:

Hello all,.

Asking here since they told us not to go to guest services.  Our Bemuda port just got canceled. They are giving $200 per stateroom and 50% off a future cruise. 

Do we all get the 50%?

The cruise director said future Venezia cruise. Does it have to be the same boat? 

Thank you! This is my 10th cruise but this is the first time I've encountered this! 

It is usually divided between everyone on the original booking.  It would be 50% off the individual cruise fare so not equal.  

Also it is very generous. They have no obligation to offer anything.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cocomango said:

Do we all get the 50%?

A similar situation happened to us on the Breeze.  We were given 50% off our current cruise (returned to our original form of payment), 50% off a future Carnival cruise (no specific ship) and OBC.

In our case we received a letter in our cabin explaining that they would be extending a 50% credit for the future cruise (FCC) based on the cruise fare for the current voyage (excluding taxes, fees, and port expenses).  We also had to use it within 1 year.  The letter gave instructions to book the new cruise, then follow a link to their reimbursement form to provide them with the booking info so a FCC could be processed.  

In our case the OBC was per person and immediately posted to our Sail & Sign cards.

• Like 2