Oasis tricks/advise/suggestions

xin3

Hello everyone!  I've been on this board since 2005 but had to rejoin recently as my old login stopped working.  I've been on about 15 cruises and a lot of lines.  Our favorite is RCCL. Our next cruise (April '25) will be our time on one of the 'biggies' ships.  The ports we like usually require the smaller ships.  We decided to finally take a cruise based on the ship and not the itinerary (I know that is opposite of a lot of people haha).  Anyway, I would love to learn all I can about the Oasis.  Tips, tricks, hidden secrets etc.

We are booked on a front facing OV.

Thanks!!!!!

Oasis herself? I haven't been on Oasis, but Allure has cute little "secret" balconies overlooking Central Park that you access from the 9th floor. I believe Symphony does NOT have these, but probably Oasis does. Oasis will have the Freestyle machines so if you are planning a beverage package, you'll have access to those by using the provided cup. The early dining time seems to be shifting earlier - even if your paperwork says 5:30pm, it may move back to 5:00pm or 5:15pm. There will be some shows that require a reservation. Those open up on a not-consistent schedule but probably near the beginning of the month before your cruise (i.e. if you cruise Jan 14, start looking Dec 1 and keep checking every day). There will probably be cruise planner sales during the week of Thanksgiving. That's all I can think of right now as far as tips & tricks. 

For a great dining experience try 150 Central.  Lobster Thermador.   Divine.  Also, the hotdog stand is pretty tasty.   Ride the Carousel.   The Latin music is terrific.  One night or afternoon the orchestra will play on the promenade.   Good music.   The balloon drop is fun especially if you have kids.  The soft serve on pool deck is yummy.  Take a romantic night time stroll thru Central Park.   Go ice skating.    See the ice show.  Lots to do on the Oasis.  

Edited by joeyancho
Add content

I burn the candle at both ends on a cruise.  I set an alarm and get up at around 6 am and go to bed around 1 - 2 am.  If you are an early riser, my most favorite thing to do on Oasis is to get up early and watch the sun rise from one of the cantilevered whirlpools. So quiet and peaceful early in the morning! No photo description available.

• Like 1

On Oasis currently. Agree on riding the carousel and seeing Aqua 80- one of the best shows we have seen in 25 cruises.

Solarium bistro is a nice spot to eat.

Freestyle machines are plentiful- Windjammer, Solarium bistro, Sorrento's on the promenade and el Loco Fresh.

If elevators are packed and everyone is going one direction, go the opposite. Like salmon swimming upstream.  When it gets to the top or bottom, you are already on. Trust me, it saves time.

IMO, Oasis has the worst laid out Windjammer. Be prepared to be frustrated or choose to eat elsewhere.  There are plenty of free alternatives.

Front facing OV- one of our favorites. Enjoy!

Early seating is 5pm.  I don't know when it got so early, but it does make getting to the shows easier. For us, it means we skip lunch, otherwise we are too full to enjoy dinner.

If there is anything particular you want to know, just ask and I will try to find out.

Great tips everyone. My DH and I watched a YouTube and he’s already joking there are more places to eat than our appetites can hold on the cruise. 
Bummer about the Windjammer. Was on the Disney Magic this summer and their buffet layout was horrible. I think the Windjammer is the best buffet of all the lines. 

There maybe times you would like to escape the crowds.  If so deck 7, next to the rock climbing wall, both port and starboard  side is a section  with chairs and tables.  Like a private balcony.   

On deck 5 is the track.  Follow that to the stern of the ship and they have the wooden ocean liner chairs set up there.  Such a great place to relax and read overlooking the ship wake.  Behind you there will be windows.  One afternoon the curtains were open and we watch them practice for the aqua show. 

On 10/26/2023 at 2:16 AM, mets123 said:

The buffet is not bad as others have said, but the layout is the worst of any Royal ship we've been on.

In addition to a horrible buffet and layout, the Windjammer was "filthy" on our late June sailing!! My husband and I had finally located an empty corner table for lunch. While he was getting his food, I tried to look out the "filthy" window to no avail. Things got worse when I looked down at the windowsill which beyond filthy.....dried caked on food and stains everywhere. I stopped a ship's Officer who was passing by and showed it to him. Needless to say, he was upset, apologetic, and asked what he could do. Told him nothing and chose never to eat there for the rest of the cruise.