Ordering drinks at bar

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

23 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

You don't need both medallions.  

Last couple of cruises we've been on the bartenders ask for our cabin number.  They see both of us have the drink package, and allocate one per.    It was quite surprising that they completely ignored the medallion tablet and preferred cabin number!   

If I want to order two drinks, one for me and my wife, but she's not present, can we use our room number? OR will they not allow ordering two drinks at once. 

35 minutes ago, dream54ing said:

I think I stepped in the right thread, with bunch of drinkers. We have the premier, but we dont drink much. Trying to learn from you guys how to maximize our package and apparently our alcohol tolerance along the way, LOL. There is no way we will hit 30 drink/day, maybe 5/person. Reading how you guys worrying about going over the limit scares me a bit 🤣

No need to worry.  None of us is steering the ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, dream54ing said:

If I want to order two drinks, one for me and my wife, but she's not present, can we use our room number? OR will they not allow ordering two drinks at once. 

You can order two at a time with no problems.  Generally that means they will both be charged to your medallion, as if you were drinking both.  Without a package, it wont matter.  With a package, it might not matter unless your total drinks exceed 15 and they were all charged to one of you.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

You can order two at a time with no problems.  Generally that means they will both be charged to your medallion, as if you were drinking both.  Without a package, it wont matter.  With a package, it might not matter unless your total drinks exceed 15 and they were all charged to one of you.

awesome, thanks for the insight! anyone want a drink, i have plenty, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bollycats said:

When you have a package do the drinks get listed on your account with the price and then show zero'd out? Just want to keep track to make sure I'm at least breaking even. (not a big drinker, but with coffees, bottled waters, and a few cocktails I should make it)

Sorry, but nope.

The only record you have on the app is the count of the number of alcoholic drinks and not even a count of the non-alcoholic ones.

I have kept track on past cruises carrying a little notebook with me and writing down each drink. It's a pain, but it helped me figure out if I can justify Plus. (Found out I can... at least at the current price.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dream54ing said:

I think I stepped in the right thread, with bunch of drinkers. We have the premier, but we dont drink much. Trying to learn from you guys how to maximize our package and apparently our alcohol tolerance along the way, LOL. There is no way we will hit 30 drink/day, maybe 5/person. Reading how you guys worrying about going over the limit scares me a bit 🤣

Note though, that most people talking about going over are saying they went over because  the bartender charged both them and their spouse on their account....so one could go over the limit with 8 drinks if all of them were charged to one person..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sorry, but nope.

The only record you have on the app is the count of the number of alcoholic drinks and not even a count of the non-alcoholic ones.

I have kept track on past cruises carrying a little notebook with me and writing down each drink. It's a pain, but it helped me figure out if I can justify Plus. (Found out I can... at least at the current price.)

Non-alcholic drinks dont count towards the 15/day correct?  if so why would you need to keep track?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Note though, that most people talking about going over are saying they went over because  the bartender charged both them and their spouse on their account....so one could go over the limit with 8 drinks if all of them were charged to one person..

I understand, but we (wife and i) can probably drink 5/person per day, so even if its all on my account i wont hit the 15/day limit 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dream54ing said:

I understand, but we (wife and i) can probably drink 5/person per day, so even if its all on my account i wont hit the 15/day limit 🙂 

Yes but we both drink 8-10 per day and yes I have hit a limit and had to argue to then get everything moved to her account

1 minute ago, dream54ing said:

Non-alcholic drinks dont count towards the 15/day correct?  if so why would you need to keep track?

Thee value of the package also includes the cost of the non-alcoholic beverages. If I drink 3 bottles of water each day at $2 each (I think that's about the cost?), that's $6 more in my justification column for the $60/ day cost. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sorry, but nope.

There is no limit to non alcoholic drinks so why bother

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes but we both drink 8-10 per day and yes I have hit a limit and had to argue to then get everything moved to her account

I was quoting dreaminofcrusin as he directed the comment to me. Then responded back to him with us going over is almost impossible since we only drink 5/day.

Either you quoted the wrong person or you telling me something I didnt ask for 🙂 

30 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Because......it still helps me determine if I can justify the cost of the package.....

I drink a lot of bottled water and diet coke. DH drinks a lot of coffee drinks....

Make sense now, LOL... The app is for them to keep track of # of drink since there is a limit of 15, not for us to calculate if we got our moneys worth, 🤣

34 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Because......it still helps me determine if I can justify the cost of the package.....

I drink a lot of bottled water and diet coke. DH drinks a lot of coffee drinks....

There is no record of non-alcohol drinks or coffee.  For alcohol drinks, your folio will show the venue and the cost, but not the specific order, but ONLY if the drink is over the price limit.  So with Plus, a $14 drink is invisible.  A $16 drink will show up as $1.18.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

There is no record of non-alcohol drinks or coffee.  For alcohol drinks, your folio will show the venue and the cost, but not the specific order, but ONLY if the drink is over the price limit.  So with Plus, a $14 drink is invisible.  A $16 drink will show up as $1.18.

There may be no record the guest can see, but I bet PCL has detail data they can analyze.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There may be no record the guest can see, but I bet PCL has detail data they can analyze.

It is not invisible on the app. At any time you can see how many alcoholic drinks have been applied to your account if you have a package

24 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is not invisible on the app. At any time you can see how many alcoholic drinks have been applied to your account if you have a package

You missed my point completely.  My note was about PCL analyzing what each guest orders - both alcohol and non-alcohol - which they can use no doubt to determine price points and such going forward.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You missed my point completely.  My note was about PCL analyzing what each guest orders - both alcohol and non-alcohol - which they can use no doubt to determine price points and such going forward.

Yep, no doubt PCL sales uses this to calculate profits, etc... Im sure their modern POS system keeps track and can be easily obtained if allowed to be given out. 

To the point of misinterpretation, It seem like it's happening quite frequent, people missed reading the previous quotes and misinterpreted what is being said. Reading what was quoted and who it was direct to helps gives context of what is being said. 

20 hours ago, dream54ing said:

Because we got a random charge which turned out to be for a glass of milk. I think I got charged because they thought I was denying DH his double Merlot - he just likes a cold milk with his protein mix.

21 hours ago, dream54ing said:

I am the one sent on a late night foraging mission for our night caps, after the second night I normally get asked if one is for Mr David and they split the tab or put everything on his if mine is full. According to PCL I'm a lush and DH is teetotal. One of these is not true.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, Catchum said:

I am the one sent on a late night foraging mission for our night caps, after the second night I normally get asked if one is for Mr David and they split the tab or put everything on his if mine is full. According to PCL I'm a lush and DH is teetotal. One of these is not true.

Funny, thanks for the smile!

• Like 2