OCEANIA CRUISES HAS DONE THE PASSENGERS OF RIVIERA AND NAUTICA VERY TERRIBLE IN CHANGING CRUISES FOR iSTANBUL TO DABAI

brdgplay22

8 hours ago, Damicom said:

The problem with Turkey has nothing to do with the war. It’s a new government that is very unfriendly towards Western tourism. Other line are canceling as well or will be canceling in the future unless Turkey has policy changes. I realize it’s become popular here to blame Oceania for pretty much everything that goes wrong in the world, but this is definitely not Oceania’s fault.

We just booked a Seabourn cruise that embarks from Istanbul in August and has several ports in Turkey.  Apparently minor players like CCL do not see an issue at this time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not blaming O for anything, but would appreciate a decision at this point as they’ve done with later cruises  that have some of the same ports as ours. 

Personally, I don’t have an issue going to Turkey if the status quo continues , and our plan would be, to  still fly to Turkey and continue our land tour , even if the disembarkation port changes. The situation atm there , is  no different than it was last year. 
I realise others feel differently and that’s ok. 

I just wish they’d make a decision so I could plan. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Damicom said:

The problem with Turkey has nothing to do with the war. It’s a new government that is very unfriendly towards Western tourism. Other line are canceling as well or will be canceling in the future unless Turkey has policy changes. I realize it’s become popular here to blame Oceania for pretty much everything that goes wrong in the world, but this is definitely not Oceania’s fault.

There’s no new government in Turkey. Erdogan has been President since 2014, and has effectively been in power since 2003. A period that has seen a big decline in democracy there, unfortunately, but nothing new.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2