Queen Victoria - embarkation day open venues?

allemonde

This will be our first Cunard cruise, and understandably we have a later embarkation time (3.15pm). We will miss lunch, but I'm wondering if the Commodore Club or Chart Room will be open for drinks mid/late-afternoon? What venues apart from the Lido might be open at that time for Brittannia guests? Many thanks!

The other tip if going to New York is pay for One of the porters to transport your bags through immigration to avoid queuing!  just a nice fat tip for the service and the porters and the immigration staff are more than happy to help you beat the system. I haven't  done this  myself as I'm not loaded but on observation I've seen plenty of cash rich  guests sailing through the line.

My perception as to the way this works is that if they didn't give a time, everyone is going to turn up at 11:00 hrs. The reality is from Southampton at least the number of people going through the system by 13:30 or 14:00 is greatly reduced, and by 15:00 you will have a choice of check-in agents, half won't be doing anything.  So if you want an easy queue free way on board then stick to your 15:15. But frankly by around 13:30 or so they aren't going to be bothered if you turn up early, the queues will be fairly minimal at this point, there's a good chance you will get to your stateroom within 15 or 20 minutes, and thus the Golden Lion by 14:00, when lunch will still be served until 14:30 typically. It's usually 16:00 hrs on QM2 which makes it easier for all concerned.

18 hours ago, Liberal_Baggie said:

The other tip if going to New York is pay for One of the porters to transport your bags through immigration to avoid queuing!

As far as I am aware Queen Victoria does not have any cruises that embark to New York

• 3 months later...
On 10/26/2023 at 8:29 AM, Liberal_Baggie said:

Go early say 1pm and get lunch in the Golden Lion No one checks your supposed arrival time at all in anyway.  " Keith  if everyone took a pebble off the beach there would be none left"

We are joining a 4 week cruise for the last 7 days… boarding in Rome.  Because we are joining at the end, do you suppose our boarding time will be earlier since, I’m assuming, there will not be crowds of people embarking that day?