Transatlantic cruises - are the ships full?

Ocean Mouse

1 minute ago, Yehootu said:

Tried a second time and easily 72hrs for underware ans socks. That was the end of us sending it out.

For a long-time now we plan on it taking 72 hrs.  If laundry is returned sooner, we are pleasantly surprised.  🙂

5 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

For a long-time now we plan on it taking 72 hrs.  If laundry is returned sooner, we are pleasantly surprised.  🙂

Our cabin is a lot closer to the laundry room on the Majestic for the Trans Pacific. Just pressing, they screwed up a pair of my wifes pants and I could've done a better job on my shirts. Sad

• Like 1

We have done more than 50 TA cruises (including more than a dozen on Princess) and have been on ships that voyages that were near-full and voyages that were well below capacity.  To us, it is just one more cruise (and we love all cruises) with a few sea days (which we also love).  As to the laundry issue, the TA cruises will usually have a large number of frequent cruisers (i.e. Elites) who get free laundry.  This can cause a slower turnaround (3 days is not uncommon).  In fact, we have been on quite a few Princess cruises where there will be a letter in our cabin (at embarkation) warning us to expect 72 hour turnaround.  A majority of the time we do have our laundry back in about 2 days, but we plan on 3.

Hank

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 10:21 PM, devonuk said:

It certainly is 👍

Maybe we'll bump into each other. Probably literally as you look a big fella and I'm 6ft 1 and around 19 stone. We are in the Estrella restaurant. Not familiar with this Medallion thing as we cruised on Sea Princess back in or around 2003 and it wasn't around then.

7 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Maybe we'll bump into each other. Probably literally as you look a big fella and I'm 6ft 1 and around 19 stone. We are in the Estrella restaurant. Not familiar with this Medallion thing as we cruised on Sea Princess back in or around 2003 and it wasn't around then.

ITFC?