Best Way to Reach Elite Status

peachcreamsicle

My husband and I are excited to experience the perks bestowed upon Elite status cruisers, but it seems like a chore to accumulate the required 300 points.  

Would we be crazy to sail exclusively on Royal Caribbean until we accumulate the required 80 points to reach “Platinum” status, then request status match to Celebrity Elite? 

Is it just me, or is achieving status much easier on other cruiselines? Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions! 

2 minutes ago, peachcreamsicle said:

My husband and I are excited to experience the perks bestowed upon Elite status cruisers, but it seems like a chore to accumulate the required 300 points.  

Would we be crazy to sail exclusively on Royal Caribbean until we accumulate the required 80 points to reach “Platinum” status, then request status match to Celebrity Elite? 

Is it just me, or is achieving status much easier on other cruiselines? Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions! 

😁🤣Just do a couple of cruise in an Iconic Suite

You need to reach Diamond level on RCL to match Elite on Celebrity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

😁🤣Just do a couple of cruise in an Iconic Suite

You need to reach Diamond level on RCL to match Elite on Celebrity 

Haha, would that really work? I have 24 points on RCCL already… but I still don’t think it’ll be enough.  Unless we quit our day jobs to do multiple transatlantics annually 🤪🤪

1 minute ago, peachcreamsicle said:

Haha, would that really work? I have 24 points on RCCL already… but I still don’t think it’ll be enough.  Unless we quit our day jobs to do multiple transatlantics annually 🤪🤪

Each day in an Iconic suite is 24 points , one 14 day cruise will do it 😁

In the past they’ve offered “Double Points” bookings and of course, there’s always booking suites and longer cruises that can help with point accumulation. 

We didn’t actively pursue loyalty points but did enjoy a nice status match when we switched from RCI. We sail multiple cruise lines so even with the status match, it took us a while. 

our fav Elite perks include the breakfast, invitations to private events, and the discounts. We’ve used the pass to Persian Gardens on a port day… not available on E class ships… not sure why. 

Made Elite with 22 days on Celebrity. 7 days Century Suite, 10 days Penthouse, and 5 days Edge Villa (6 w/Go Green). I've sailed more on Princess but they reward how many times you've cruised versus the amount you spent on your cabin. I still need 8 sailings to make Elite on Princess. 

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

In the past they’ve offered “Double Points” bookings and of course, there’s always booking suites and longer cruises that can help with point accumulation. 

We didn’t actively pursue loyalty points but did enjoy a nice status match when we switched from RCI. We sail multiple cruise lines so even with the status match, it took us a while. 

our fav Elite perks include the breakfast, invitations to private events, and the discounts. We’ve used the pass to Persian Gardens on a port day… not available on E class ships… not sure why. 

Ahh, ok thank you! How do you find Royal Caribbean compares to Celebrity in terms of food and overall vibe? Do you have a preference between the two? 

9 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Made Elite with 22 days on Celebrity. 7 days Century Suite, 10 days Penthouse, and 5 days Edge Villa (6 w/Go Green). I've sailed more on Princess but they reward how many times you've cruised versus the amount you spent on your cabin. I still need 8 sailings to make Elite on Princess. 

Oh wow! That’s awesome, congrats!  I don’t even know how much those cabins would cost but I’m fairly sure they aren’t in the budget 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

If it was easy to become Elite, everyone would be there and the benefits would be terrible.

As with many things in life, you have to work to get the reward.

Elite benefits are not terrible but they are not great perks. I don't know why anyone would be excited to get them. Makes more sense to book suites. You get a real enhanced experience. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, peachcreamsicle said:

Ahh, ok thank you! How do you find Royal Caribbean compares to Celebrity in terms of food and overall vibe? Do you have a preference between the two? 

Celebrity is a bit more refined compared to RCL

There are deals on Celebrity, just book a TA in Nov 2024 on Equinox, basic cruise 12 nights for $1666 CAD taxes included for 2 with OBC in a balcony with a Canadian TA ,( military discount helps😁

our friends for the US also book with her and couldnt believe the price, 

good for 36 points 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Because they cleverly renamed the space the SEA Thermal Suite. Boom! There's no Persian Garden to get a pass to.

I complained about this when I was on the Apex. The CC host said many had.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, peachcreamsicle said:

That is subjective but food is Royal's weak point. It is poor in my opinion. Entertainment and glitz is Royal Caribbean's strong point. The vibe on Royal is younger and family orientated. Royal has a better loyalty program. I prefer Celebrity because I prefer a more adult vibe. I reached Diamond on Royal years ago with points and have been 3 short od Diamond Plus for 4 years. but I am not booking with them to move up to the next tier. That is a fools game. I am Elite Plus on Celebrity by actual points. I never booked for the points. I booked for preference. You should book a Royal Caribbean cruise. You might prefer Royal Caribbean's. You should try different cruise lines and not worry about loyalty perks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

That is subjective but food is Royal's weak point. It is poor in my opinion. Entertainment and glitz is Royal Caribbean's strong point. The vibe on Royal is younger and family orientated. Royal has a better loyalty program. I prefer Celebrity because I prefer a more adult vibe. I reached Diamond on Royal years ago with points and have been 3 short od Diamond Plus for 4 years. but I am not booking with them to move up to the next tier. That is a fools game. I am Elite Plus on Celebrity by actual points. I never booked for the points. I booked for preference. You should book a Royal Caribbean cruise. You might prefer Royal Caribbean's. You should try different cruise lines and not worry about loyalty perks. 

OP has cruise RCL , they have 24 C&A points 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Because they cleverly renamed the space the SEA Thermal Suite. Boom! There's no Persian Garden to get a pass to.

That is another reason not to cruise for loyalty perks. They can change them anytime. When I was about one cruise short on Royal for Diamond and one short on Celebrity by actual points they changed the goal posts. I had to do about 3 more sailings to move up.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They asked how they compare so I guess they have not been on Celebrity then? If so they should do a Celebrity cruise and then decide what they prefer. With their excitement about perks Royal sounds like a better for for them and Royal has much better perks. 

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Elite benefits are not terrible but they are not great perks. I don't know why anyone would be excited to get them. Makes more sense to book suites. You get a real enhanced experience. 

I'm with ya on that!

We usually sail Aqua and buy the AI package, so there is little about Elite that we use. I think the only ones we really use are the discount to upgrade our drink package and the Hot Glass discount (which everyone gets, so not an Elite benefit). 

But as you mentioned, there is nothing in there that I'd be in a hurry to get!

59 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

If it was easy to become Elite, everyone would be there and the benefits would be terrible.

As with many things in life, you have to work to get the reward.

True, but it’s objectively easier to reach Platinum status on RCCL than it is to reach Elite on Celebrity.  Not sure why there would be a disparity. 

37 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have cruised with them, but not in quite some time.  I remember there being lots of kids 😬 I can’t see myself using the waterslides / other kid-friendly amenities so I’m not sure I’d love it.  

49 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Celebrity is a bit more refined compared to RCL

There are deals on Celebrity, just book a TA in Nov 2024 on Equinox, basic cruise 12 nights for $1666 CAD taxes included for 2 with OBC in a balcony with a Canadian TA ,( military discount helps😁

our friends for the US also book with her and couldnt believe the price, 

good for 36 points 

Wow! That’s an amazing price and I’m super tempted 😍 we’re sailing on the Equinox this December, so assuming we like it, I just may! 

Question: what does it take to book the military discount? My husband was in the army for 10 years, but I’m not sure if that’s enough. 

We been cruising since 1987 but got serious in 2000.  One cruise a year on 7 days or more.  Then took a Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity Infinity.  Game changer and the focused on RCL and before you know it diamond/elite.  Just finished New England/Canada in September.  Totally on board for Celebrity brand.  We figure we are going to cruise might as well earn some perks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, peachcreamsicle said:

True, but it’s objectively easier to reach Platinum status on RCCL than it is to reach Elite on Celebrity.  Not sure why there would be a disparity. 

Platinum on RCCL gets you Select status on X, not Elite....so, yes, easier to get there.

Edited by CaroleSS