Please explain Difference Again

jhenry1

1 hour ago, jhenry1 said:

Please explain to me the difference and what is included in each

2 for 1 all inclusive

2 for 1 inclusive

I know it has been discussed but unable to locate the topic

"All inclusive" includes air fare.  "Inclusive" does not.  But both include hotel stay for Concierge and higher, shore excursions, gratuities, specialty dining, alcohol, etc.  

So the hotel and transfers are included in Just the Inclusive correct?

So the difference is just the Air.

So that means on our Alaska cruise Regent is allowing us $850 for first class air . It is hard to believe they can get first class air for $850 round trip.

This is the same amount they were offering for Economy air before they began offering the First Class air on Alaska and Caribbean cruises booked by a certain date. 

Edited by jhenry1

11 minutes ago, jhenry1 said:

If you deviate and go in a few days early but use Regent air do you lose the transfers to?

If Regent does your air early, AND you get your pre-cruise hotel through Regent, you get transfers. If you get the pre-cruise hotel on your own, you do not get transfers.

Regent tends to charge a lot for extra hotel nights. You can generally get the same hotel that Regent uses (for two people) for less than what R charges for one person. It bears researching.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

So the hotel and transfers are included in Just the Inclusive correct?

So the difference is just the Air.

So that means on our Alaska cruise Regent is allowing us $850 for first class air . It is hard to believe they can get first class air for $850 round trip.

This is the same amount they were offering for Economy air before they began offering the First Class air on Alaska and Caribbean cruises booked by a certain date. 

Here is my experience.  If you deviate and go early to the cruise (or come home a few days later) you do NOT get Airport to Hotel transfers.  If you use the Regent supplied hotel room whether or not you use Regent Air then you WILL get the transfer from the hotel to the ship.  You can get transfer to the airport after the cruise if you use Regent Air,  go directly,  even if you deviated to pick your own flight. As long as you go directly to the airport.  Just ask your TA to set it up (that's what we did and there was no extra charge for it).  Not sure it you can use Regent Transfer to a hotel if you deviate but arrive the same day as everyone else.  I imagine they will let you use their transfer in that case. Have yourTA find out about that too.  But,  if you do NOT use Regent Air of Regent Hotel, you lose all transfers. 

As for the air credit, I compared our upcoming cruise with a similar cruise on Royal Caribbean.  You can go on their website and actually access their Air Department and "run the numbers" for air to a cruise you might be interested in.  So I did.  We're going to Hong Kong and returning from Tokyo.  Royal Caribbean had a cruise that went Singapore to Tokyo so I used that.  The cost of the round trip Business Class air on Royal Caribbean was actually pretty close  to the credit that Regent was offering on their cruise.   So yeah...they get deeply discounted rates.  

2 hours ago, annmarz said:

If you don't get Regent Air, can you purchase a transfer to the airport?

You can purchase an airport transfer from Regent. You would purchase it when you fill out your disembarkation questionnaire. However, in most cases, it is much more expensive than using an Uber, a taxi or a car service like Blacklane.

Dave

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaveFr said:

You can purchase an airport transfer from Regent. You would purchase it when you fill out your disembarkation questionnaire. However, in most cases, it is much more expensive than using an Uber, a taxi or a car service like Blacklane.

Dave

But sometimes depending on where you are just easier to handle.