Has any one done the Quebec excursion from cruise ship that includes tea at Frontenac hotel?

Jetswdo

I am trying to find out if the afternoon tea at Frontenac is the same tea that you can book yourself for a Fri or Sat afternoon. The Tea is held in one of their nice restaurants or on their terrace.  I read someplace that  the tea that is part of a cruise excursion is held some place in a dingy room in the basement!  I will be specifically on a Princess cruise next Sept--  and am considering their walking tour of Quebec with optional tea at the hotel.  I'd rather skip that option, if it isn't really the same tea. Thanks in advance for any replies from people who have done this  Anita

Cannot answer your question about the tea, but we were just on a similar cruise last month and I think Quebec City is the prefect port to skip the ship's excursions.   The ships dock right near the old town and there is lots to do there in the city.   We booked an independent city walking tour that started near the visitor center right across from the Frontenac and it was a great tour.   I believe the hotel is open to walk into on your own and go to the restaurants,  etc.

5 hours ago, CCJack said:

Cannot answer your question about the tea, but we were just on a similar cruise last month and I think Quebec City is the prefect port to skip the ship's excursions.   The ships dock right near the old town and there is lots to do there in the city.   We booked an independent city walking tour that started near the visitor center right across from the Frontenac and it was a great tour.   I believe the hotel is open to walk into on your own and go to the restaurants,  etc.

I couldn't agree more...absolutely no need for a ship excursion. Agree the hotel is open and easily accessible....just walk in.

If the Afternoon Tea is something you want to  do & you can book it  while the ship is in port   (it is offered select days)  then DIY

The  Chateau is not really that far from the  docks or rake a taxi

You need to  reserve  your spot

https://www.fairmont.com/frontenac-quebec/dining/afternoon-tea-at-the-chateau