Princess AUD non-alcoholic beverages & wifi questions

39 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Are the burgers on Princess included in your fare or an extra charge?

It used to be easy, but not as clear cut as it used to be.

On deck burgers, included in the fare.

Burgers from  one of the "prix fixe" casual restaurant menus (such as Salty Dog Gastropub) are included for premier, N/C twice for plus, charged for standard. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, boeckli said:

Can you start a wifi package mid cruise, say on a 12 night from day 5 till end of cruise and would you pay the daily $20 ($10 for elite) for only those days?

I believe you can. For example, when I tried to sign up on day one it was $100 till end of voyage. On day two (when I needed it for the meeting) it was $80 till end of voyage. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fixi said:

I believe you can. For example, when I tried to sign up on day one it was $100 till end of voyage. On day two (when I needed it for the meeting) it was $80 till end of voyage. 

I'm not sure but some people were reporting they could get it by the day, on the Coral.

Be good to hear from one of them.

Was it any cruise or just maybe the WC2023?

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I'm not sure but some people were reporting they could get it by the day, on the Coral.

Be good to hear from one of them.

Was it any cruise or just maybe the WC2023?

Yes, currently $27 per day for casual internet - but that ain't gonna cut it if sharing a connection with teens. 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, currently $27 per day for casual internet - but that ain't gonna cut it if sharing a connection with teens. 😂

Ahh, but that does mean you could give them a budget of x days, and they would have to manage their on line time or run out.😁

It would be mean I know.😁

They would hate it I know.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Ahh, but that does mean you could give them a budget of x days, and they would have to manage their on line time or run out.😁

It would be mean I know.😁

They would hate it I know.😁

One has rights from 11pm to 3am, the other 3am to 7am. Seems fair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On the Grand Princess last week, mocktails were $10.50 and there were 3 or 4 choices, which could be modified on request. We really enjoyed them though the drinks did contain a lot of ice, so I would ask for less ice.   Observation that all drink prices were less than typical Melbourne prices   

• Thanks 1

So internet is $27 aud per day.

the prices for drinks are they in AUD and do they include gratitudes?

also is there still a basic soda package? The unlimited non alcohol package is about $35 per day. 

how much is a classic coke at a bar?

trying to do the math about the drink packages but on a trip to nz they certainly add up and the only one in front is the house 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Esilef said:

also is there still a basic soda package? The unlimited non alcohol package is about $35 per day. 

trying to do the math about the drink packages but on a trip to nz they certainly add up and the only one in front is the house 

Australian based cruises are $AU aboard and inclusive of gratuities.

A can of coke is $4, a glass of postmix coke is $3. You also byo cans of coke aboard.

There is a "soda" package, of which you will see a price on your personaliser. This is for postmix.

If you are questioning the value, the packages are usually more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prices for beverage packages as per the personaliser:

premier beverage package $195.63 aud

plus beverage package $149.59 aud

zero alcohol drink package $69.75 aud

classic soda package $35.65 aud

cost of wifi per day $27 AUD

cost to update to Princess plus per day per person $65 aud

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Esilef said:

Internet is only AU $27 per day if you buy single days. If you get a package it's $20 a day.

All prices on Princess on Australia/NZ cruise are AUD and there are no extra gratuities.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2023 at 11:31 AM, Sparky74 said:

We board the Crown Princess in 34 days but I’m sure someone will answer your questions before then!

Sparky how was this cruise ?

I am reading on another platform about broken generator slowing down the ship and therefore missing or shortened time in ports.

I am booked for Northern explorer in November and have got the third time unlucky jitters

,first time Princess sold Sun then the dreaded C struck hope it’s all fixed up soon (not getting any younger)

Cheers Carole

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Sparky how was this cruise ?

I am reading on another platform about broken generator slowing down the ship and therefore missing or shortened time in ports.

I am booked for Northern explorer in November and have got the third time unlucky jitters

,first time Princess sold Sun then the dreaded C struck hope it’s all fixed up soon (not getting any younger)

Cheers Carole

The only issue we had was that it was too short!

As we prepared to get away I started questioning if it was worth the effort for such a short cruise but as we drove up the highway I felt like a burden was lifted. Once we ere on the ship I decided that yes, it was worth the effort. But before we knew it, it was time to pack and head home again. Still and all, it was great to have a mini break before the preChristmas busyness really kicked in. I’d certainly consider doing it again. 

In unrelated news, DW and I are both currently down with the COVID. Others have had to take on our responsibilities for the last couple of days and our planned trip to Scone for Christmas with my family (1st time in 14 years) isn’t happening, which is a disappointment. 🤷‍♂️ But hopefully I'll see them for my significant birthday in a couple of weeks instead. 

Bring on the next cruise!😁

• Like 2