Amazing Secret River

nemesees

I only saw one post about this and was a review. Is it a new excursion? I’d like to know more about this. If it’s 7 hrs long, it might be too much for me. We  will be in Cozumel January. Cold water? How deep is the river? I’m  medium height and round at the waist. Very round. If I was a woman, they would think I was 9 months pregnant. How difficult is this excursion for people in their mid 60s? (I used to be younger and now suddenly….)

34 minutes ago, nemesees said:

I only saw one post about this and was a review. Is it a new excursion? I’d like to know more about this. If it’s 7 hrs long, it might be too much for me. We  will be in Cozumel January. Cold water? How deep is the river? I’m  medium height and round at the waist. Very round. If I was a woman, they would think I was 9 months pregnant. How difficult is this excursion for people in their mid 60s? (I used to be younger and now suddenly….)

I cannot comment on the excursion itself as I haven’t done it but you do realize the 7-hours includes a ferry to and from the mainland, and transport on the mainland. 

It isn’t new and if you use the search engine for this forum you should find some reviews. It has been discussed in the past. I think they provide wetsuits.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We did this excursion a few years ago and I must say, it was AMAZING. There were people of varying height, weight and physical capabilities (including a couple of younger kids), and we wore provided wetsuits which mitigated the colder underground water temps. But I must say, it was just a very cool experience!