Suite Benifits

Cash123

Hi,

I did try a search but couldnt find the answer to my questions which areI know one of the benifits is inclusive room service which I assume means you can order anything without any extra charges but does this includes drinks, also I see that mini suite and full suite guests are invited to a welcome abord lunch but when would this take place as our cruise to the caribbean has 2 embarkcation days so I wouldnt have though they would do 2 so not sure when this would take place.

cheers

8 minutes ago, Cash123 said:

does this includes drinks

You can have room service drinks (preferably ordered via your butler) but will have to pay the going rate.

I may be wrong but I don't think that there is a welcome aboard lunch in the Caribbean

23 minutes ago, david63 said:

You can have room service drinks (preferably ordered via your butler) but will have to pay the going rate.

I may be wrong but I don't think that there is a welcome aboard lunch in the Caribbean

Correct no lunch as peoples arrival times are so varied.

Thanks for that, another thing I saw was that the butler can book specialty restaurants so does this mean you dont have to pre book before you sail and as we have freinds with us in balacony cabins would the butler be able to book tables for all of us ?

thanks again 

17 minutes ago, Cash123 said:

the butler can book specialty restaurants so does this mean you dont have to pre book before you sail

Whilst the butler can do many things they cannot make reservations in a restaurant that is fully booked. Having said that the speciality restaurants are not normally that booked up when you first embark but don't leave it too late.

19 minutes ago, Cash123 said:

would the butler be able to book tables for all of us

Almost certainly - but I have found that it is just as easy to book them yourself once on board. On embarkation day there will be staff from the restaurants around taking bookings or if you are passing one just pop in.

17 hours ago, Cash123 said:

Thanks for that, another thing I saw was that the butler can book specialty restaurants so does this mean you dont have to pre book before you sail and as we have freinds with us in balacony cabins would the butler be able to book tables for all of us ?

thanks again 

On our recent Arvia cruise our butler said he was unable to make any reservations in any restaurant and it all had to be done via the app or just turn up and get a pager. Not sure if this was correct as on a previous cruise the butler went out of his way to make sure we dined where we wanted. On a plus side he did bring the following nights menus to us so we could decide over the MDR or another venue.

4 hours ago, david63 said:

It most certainly was pre Covid - both lunch and dinner menus delivered to your suite each evening for the following day.

We also always received the next days menus on every cruise pre Covid. On our first cruise this year on Ventura in May the butler did not deliver them, however on our recent Aurora cruise they were again delivered every day.

In the past three post-Covid cruises (Britannia and Iona) our butler has always managed to get us in if the restaurant has been apparently fully booked. It might not be that night but they have sometimes done a shuffle around of our specialty restaurant bookings. We don’t use a butler for much else to be honest, but they have proved invaluable in that respect.

On 10/29/2023 at 1:25 PM, Cash123 said:

Hi,

I did try a search but couldnt find the answer to my questions which areI know one of the benifits is inclusive room service which I assume means you can order anything without any extra charges but does this includes drinks, also I see that mini suite and full suite guests are invited to a welcome abord lunch but when would this take place as our cruise to the caribbean has 2 embarkcation days so I wouldnt have though they would do 2 so not sure when this would take place.

cheers

Remember that if you don’t book speciality restaurants pre-cruise you won’t get the early booking discount. You  will also miss out on any loyalty discount if you have on board credit that you could have used for other things (drinks etc). Personally, I’d book pre-cruise. 

19 hours ago, Camberley said:

In the past three post-Covid cruises (Britannia and Iona) our butler has always managed to get us in if the restaurant has been apparently fully booked. It might not be that night but they have sometimes done a shuffle around of our specialty restaurant bookings. We don’t use a butler for much else to be honest, but they have proved invaluable in that respect.

So the butler did it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were on Iona last month. Our butler was superb. (Dinesh)

He always managed to get us booked into restaurants (both MDR and speciality) and shows even if they were showing fully booked on the 'myholiday' app. 

And always at a time of our choosing.

710 club was always fully booked well ahead but he got us into there as well.