Room service from specialty restaurants with your butler?

Clutj

On 12/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, Parrot Head1 said:

My wife and I are going to get to Experience Oceania and Vista for the first time on the December 30th 10 day sailing to the Caribbean as a continued celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary. 

We booked a Penthouse suite ( PH1) on deck 11 a first and we have never experienced a butler before. We wanted a higher end service experience and it sounds like the Penthouse experience can provide that.

My wife and I are looking forward to sailing on Oceania Vista and the smaller ship experience as we are 56 yrs old and have experienced larger ships in the past ( 2,800 to 4,500 passengers) with NCL, Carnival and most recently on Celebrity Equinox in October our first with them.

Our last cruise Celebrity in October had 2,800 Passenger's so having 1,200 Passenger's on Oceania Vista will be nicer and more relaxing we think.

My question to you folks that have sailed in a Penthouse suite was it worth it? Any tips to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Thank you. 🙂

Parrot Head----1.  Hope you have booked your speciality restaurant reservations already--Also excursions.

2.  Consider booking a cooking class--pay about $89 per person--lots of fun.

3.  Be sure to go to the Aquamar Spa Terrace--very nice private area--go thru the Spa to reach it. It is included with Penthouse.

4.  Don't need drink package unless you are a heavy drinker. I assume you have the free wine/beer at meals.  Lots of Happy Hours every day to get good discount on drinks.

5.  Be sure and bring several bottles of wine and or Liquor on board to enjoy a drink in your cabin.  Do not drink this outside your cabin.  Lots of mixers for free in your refrig.  

6..Be sure and go to several afternoon teas in Horizons--great treat.

7.  There is an Executive Lounge for you on Deck 11..  Be sure and visit for coffee/snacks/drinks all day long  Great place to hang out while your cabin is being cleaned.

8.  Write a letter before you leave and spell out what you expect from your Butler.  This will help him with your needs.  He can also bring you meals from any speciality restaurant.

9.  Free washer/dryer machines on your floor.  Also 3 bags of laundry will be done by the ship crew.

YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY AT THE HOSPITALITY, FOOD, AND BEAUTY OF THIS SHIP.

Do lots of youtube videos about Vista.

4 minutes ago, claranda said:

Does the laundry not include ironing? My worst nightmare, ironing on a cruise…especially bone dry ironing!

The 3 bags laundry included in Concierge suites and above does not include ironing. I don't know about the for-fee laundry.

Edited by 1985rz1

7 minutes ago, claranda said:

Does the laundry not include ironing? My worst nightmare, ironing on a cruise…especially bone dry ironing!

You can pay for ironing or use the steam irons in the laundry room. Concierge and suites also get some (2 or 3 or more?) free ironing.

Penthouse Suite Privileges

In addition to Stateroom Amenities

• Complimentary laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom+
  • Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffees and snacks throughout the day
  • 24-hour Butler service
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to Aquamar Spa Terrace
  • Cashmere lap blankets
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation++

+Up to 20 garments per laundry bag; additional restrictions apply.
++Certain limitations apply.

On 12/9/2023 at 12:11 PM, Sibsie said:

I'll be in the same area on our cruise in Feb.  If you can, could you please post some pics of the balcony?

I don't have any pictures but the balcony was great.  It(11071) and the corresponding room on the other side are the only balconies like it.  It is about 1/2 not extended balcony and half extended.  It had 2 chairs, a table and a lounge.  It had great views forward from the shorter section  and we had morning son on the extended portion when we were facing east and afternoon sun when facing west.  We were very happy with it and in fact booked the same room on Allura for a trip in 2025.

It is across from a crew pantry, so there is some noise.  This didn't bother us at all but I'm sure it might some people.  

On 12/20/2023 at 1:04 PM, Wynterwynd said:

We’ve had luck with our butler getting us add’l specialty restaurant dining (usually shared table), also.

Question from newbie going Vista in March ph 2:we 1 reservation per specialty restaurant so does this cost extra to get say 1 more via Butler in room ???

“Question from newbie going Vista in March ph 2:we 1 reservation per specialty restaurant so does this cost extra to get say 1 more via Butler in room ???”

No, there is no additional cost (maybe an extra tip to your butler if he is successful, but that’s definitely not expected).  The length of the cruise makes a difference and how flexible you can be on dining time and choice of restaurant.  Let your butler know the first day that you are interested in additional specialty restaurant reservations, are happy to share a table but, for example, don’t want to eat after 8:30pm.  

But, sometimes, there are no reservations available.  In a suite, your butler can serve you dinner from any of the specialty restaurants.  Just give him a day or two notice that you’d like to do that.

The grand dining room menu is good, too, though.  In fact, sometime the GDR featured something I’d rather have than the specialty restaurants.  (Especially the dessert souffle!).

Enjoy!

Edited by Wynterwynd

4 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

Question from newbie going Vista in March ph 2:we 1 reservation per specialty restaurant so does this cost extra to get say 1 more via Butler in room ???

Your 1 reservation per speciality restaurant is your pre-cruise allotment that you can make online.  Based on availability, you can eat multiple times at any speciality pecialty,  once onboard, whether your butler makes a reservation  for you or you make it yourself at the reservation desk or at the restaurant. There is no charge for additional reservations. Availability can vary considerably, depending on the length of the cruise and passenger demand.

So I think the person is asking about eating from a specialty restaurant in their room, in a convoluted sort of way. Not sure other posters are understanding that. 

So, if you are in a PH or higher you can have dinner from any specialty restaurant any night in your room. As noted, please give your butler a heads up in advance. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Thanks 1