Is in-room dining available from specialty restaurant menus when you have a butler?

Clutj

7 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

Room service for the specialty restaurants is only available if you are in the Regent, Master or Grand suites.

Many thanks.  I now see it listed under thenamenities for those suites.  We are doing Mariner and there are only 4 total Master and Grand suites and it doesn’t seem to extend down to the 6 Mariner suites.  So it’s an exclusive perk indeed that seems to mesh with the guaranteed specialty reservation for each night of the cruise. 

Oddly, the specialty in-room dining perk is not listed on Grandeur and Splendor.  Actually, no room service is listed for the top 3 suites.  I know that’s just a website error, but it makes “shopping” harder when you can’t rely on what is shown. 

10 hours ago, Clutj said:

Oddly, the specialty in-room dining perk is not listed on Grandeur and Splendor.  Actually, no room service is listed for the top 3 suites.  I know that’s just a website error, but it makes “shopping” harder when you can’t rely on what is shown. 

If you really want to complicate the interpretation of their poor and misleading advertising, in multiple places on their website and in print advertising received just this week, they still say that Distinctive Suites include guaranteed restaurant reservations.  When pressed their idiotic representative said it does not say “each night.”  Since every suite is guaranteed three specialty restaurant reservations, what else could it be interpreted to mean except something more or different for the expense of upgrading to a distinctive suite?    On Explorer last month I upgraded for a fee from Concierge to an Explorer Suite.  While the prospect of guaranteed restaurant reservations was not the only perk I was looking forward to (the huge size upgrade and butler were the key selling point), it certainly played a part in my upgrade decision.  I now know it only applies to Regent, Master and Grand Suites, there are others who I assume will be misled once again. 

8 minutes ago, Bruce61 said:

If you really want to complicate the interpretation of their poor and misleading advertising, in multiple places on their website and in print advertising received just this week, they still say that Distinctive Suites include guaranteed restaurant reservations.  When pressed their idiotic representative said it does not say “each night.”  Since every suite is guaranteed three specialty restaurant reservations, what else could it be interpreted to mean except something more or different for the expense of upgrading to a distinctive suite?    On Explorer last month I upgraded for a fee from Concierge to an Explorer Suite.  While the prospect of guaranteed restaurant reservations was not the only perk I was looking forward to (the huge size upgrade and butler were the key selling point), it certainly played a part in my upgrade decision.  I now know it only applies to Regent, Master and Grand Suites, there are others who I assume will be misled once again. 

That's a little harsh.

Me thinks you'll live.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

I now know it only applies to Regent, Master and Grand Suites,

If you had simply gone onto the website and selected the "amenities" for each of the suites, or the one you were interested in, it turns out their "idiotic representative" was correct, it's CLEARLY listed that only the Grand, Master, and Regent suites get guaranteed reservations each night.  😏

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

You are missing my point of view and I was agreeing with Clutj that the ambiguous advertising makes shopping harder.  There can be no argument that their advertising is not at least inconsistent.  It is not up to the consumer to weed through the advertising to know up front there could be something not included - the advertising clearly states the Distinctive Suites get an in-room caviar tasting (which we received), guaranteed restaurant reservations, etc.  The broad statements are said to apply to suites above Penthouse.    That is all I was saying.  And their representative was snarky in his response instead of being apologetic about any confusion.  Those were my points.  Of course we lived. And we know for the next time. We have booked again so it was not that big a deal. 

Edited by Bruce61
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Clutj said:

If you look on the "Regent Experience" prompt under "Culinary Experiences," you'll see that under "Room Service" it states:

"Enjoy delectable appetizers, main courses and desserts in your suite 24 hours a day. During dinner hours, delight in ordering dishes made to your exact taste from the expansive Compass Rose menu.

Fleetwide | In-Suite"

That pretty much covers 24 hour room service fleet wide. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce61 said:

You are missing my point of view.  Their advertising is ambiguous and inconsistent.  It is not up to the consumer to weed through the advertising to know up front there could be something not included - the advertising clearly states the Distinctive Suites get an in-room caviar tasting, guaranteed restaurant reservations, etc.  the broad statements are said to apply to suites above Penthouse.    That is all I was saying.  And their representative was snarky in his response instead of being apologetic about any confusion.  Those were my points.  Of course we lived. And we know for the next time. We have booked again so it was not that big a deal. 

If an amenity "certainly played a part" in a decision to upgrade, I'd research the amenity in the most easily accessible manor, by reading the "Amenities" on the web, before accepting the upgrade.  It's not "weeding through advertising" at all.  It's CLEARLY stated on the "Amenities" list for the suite. No ambiguity, no inconsistency.  I must ask though, where did it say "distinctive suites" get "guaranteed reservations every night?"  The only place I've seen that is under the "Amenities" prompt on the website. Under the "Distinctive Suites" description it states "You may enjoy guaranteed reservations at your favorite specialty restaurants."  NOT "guaranteed every night."  Not a snarky question, but I'm truly curious. 

And speaking of "snarky,"  I'm not the one who said "you'll live," that was someone else. 

Edited by papaflamingo

Papaflamingo, I was responding to.the combined responses above yours, and I am sorry if you thought I attributed it to you.  Here is what it does say on the website:  (https://www.rssc.com/experience/suites/distinctive-suites) which I ddi review.  

It clearly states:

"Begin your journey with priority check-in at embarkation before stepping into a truly sumptuous environment that includes all the benefits of our Spacious Suites and more. Tailor your retreat to your taste with choice bath amenities and a personal butler seeking to ensure your every need is taken care of. You may enjoy guaranteed reservations at your favorite specialty restaurants, an intimate in-suite caviar service and a full liquor bar set-up, customized with your preferred beverages. The exclusive amenities and tailored services available at this level are nothing short of the best."

And when I contacted them about it initially it was not to complain per se, but to point out that it was somewhat misleading and that they continue that theme in print ads including the big brochures left in the cabins.

Considering every suite has three guaranteed restaurant reservations (and Concierge and above can reserve a few days before the others), their advertising promoting the benefits of booking their higher-end suites has to be inferred to mean it gives more than the "lesser suites."  The interpretation of the word "may" is entirely misleading if that is how they meant it.   The advertisement clearly was intended to suggest these suites get something more than what you get in other suites.  If they wanted to be clearer, then when they list each suite, they should say which ones get what.    I will be more careful in my criticism around here.  

Edited by Bruce61
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 8:09 AM, Bruce61 said:

Papaflamingo, I was responding to.the combined responses above yours, and I am sorry if you thought I attributed it to you.  Here is what it does say on the website:  (https://www.rssc.com/experience/suites/distinctive-suites) which I ddi review.  

It clearly states:

"Begin your journey with priority check-in at embarkation before stepping into a truly sumptuous environment that includes all the benefits of our Spacious Suites and more. Tailor your retreat to your taste with choice bath amenities and a personal butler seeking to ensure your every need is taken care of. You may enjoy guaranteed reservations at your favorite specialty restaurants, an intimate in-suite caviar service and a full liquor bar set-up, customized with your preferred beverages. The exclusive amenities and tailored services available at this level are nothing short of the best."

And when I contacted them about it initially it was not to complain per se, but to point out that it was somewhat misleading and that they continue that theme in print ads including the big brochures left in the cabins.

Considering every suite has three guaranteed restaurant reservations (and Concierge and above can reserve a few days before the others), their advertising promoting the benefits of booking their higher-end suites has to be inferred to mean it gives more than the "lesser suites."  The interpretation of the word "may" is entirely misleading if that is how they meant it.   The advertisement clearly was intended to suggest these suites get something more than what you get in other suites.  If they wanted to be clearer, then when they list each suite, they should say which ones get what.    I will be more careful in my criticism around here.  

Ok... but IMHO, "may" isn't all that hard to interpret.   And they actually DO "list each suite" and the amenities. So they DO say which one's get it. To list them separately in an overview is wordy and unnecessary.   All you needed to do was select the suite you were interested in and select the "amenities" prompt and it states if it has guaranteed reservations.  That was my point.  Anyway, in reality, and depending on length of cruise, if you are in a Penthouse or higher you'll very likely be able to get extra nights in the Specialty Restaurants, just ask your butler as soon as you get on board.  

Edited by papaflamingo

On 10/31/2023 at 8:09 AM, Bruce61 said:

I will be more careful in my criticism around here

Let me just add.... I don't mean to suggest you shouldn't discuss problems or be critical, only that you need to be fair in your criticism.  So I apologize if you think I was being overly harsh. that wasn't really my intent.  

I would like to add that on our cruise Barbados to Barbados in Feb has listed pre cruise hotel , transfers, and air included in all inclusive but in fact none of these are included. You are on your own regarding these. I called Regent and my TA but not included at least when we booked but a few people from UK they are included.

There advertising is not always correct.

Edited by jhenry1