NCL Bliss 4/20/24-4/27/24: Debating on upgrading from Balcony to Haven Penthouse

time391

I have had prior experience with Haven suite on the NCL Epic for their Western Mediterranean Cruise in 2022 out of Barcelona, but I have not tried a North American route with Haven. Usually, I do Balcony as I find the ventilation for inside and oceanview to be substandard on many ships, making it a difficult experience. 

My experience with Haven in Europe was that I never truly got to enjoy the amenities as I was constantly going off the ship for tours of European cities. My Butler did give me good snacks and a few show tickets, but I don't feel like I really used him as some of my more demanding neighbors did. I knew the Epic has its own Haven Sauna on the sun deck, but does the NCL Bliss have it? Otherwise, I'd have to include a spa package as I do want to enjoy a warm refresher after being out in Alaskan cold (April is still quite chilly).

Please tell me of your experiences with the NCL Bliss and/or Alaskan route for either a Balcony or Haven, I am hoping to make up my mind on this prior to the end of holiday season.

I would defiantly upgrade to the Haven. Now this is my personal opinion as we just got of the Bliss last Saturday and styed in the Haven. Alaska was beautiful as it was our second trip there and both on the Bliss. The staff was fabulous, the bartenders were on top of their game as well as the restaurant staff. Our butler took good care of us and was always around if needed.  The Haven restaurant is such a nice feature, we do order of the menu for a few items as it is the same menu all week. 

2 hours ago, time391 said:

Please tell me of your experiences with the NCL Bliss and/or Alaskan route for either a Balcony or Haven, I am hoping to make up my mind on this prior to the end of holiday season.

We were just on the Encore (the Bliss' younger sister) to Alaska and had a wonderful time. Even in the chilly autumn weather, we enjoyed being out on the Haven sundeck which wraps around the bow for spectacular 270 degree views and outdoors and indoors hot tubs. We truly appreciated the Haven facilities for a spectacular cruise. 

There are some pictures of the Encore Haven starting on Post #228 (the Bliss is similar). 

• Like 2

We were in a Bliss penthouse for the Alaska cruise in late June. Our 1st Haven experience was incredible. Though I never saw a sauna on the sundeck, we never ventured into the Posh area to see what was "behind the door". There is a sizable hot tub elevated above the enclosed Haven pool area which would be another way to warm up after a day of chilling in Alaska. The layout of the Haven, from the huge, 2 story forward observation deck transitioning into the pool area & moving directly into the bar/lounge was perfect for us. I believe there are thermal spa Suites in the Haven that would give you the sauna access without having to purchase the extra package.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 4:25 PM, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

We were in a Bliss penthouse for the Alaska cruise in late June. Our 1st Haven experience was incredible. Though I never saw a sauna on the sundeck, we never ventured into the Posh area to see what was "behind the door". There is a sizable hot tub elevated above the enclosed Haven pool area which would be another way to warm up after a day of chilling in Alaska. The layout of the Haven, from the huge, 2 story forward observation deck transitioning into the pool area & moving directly into the bar/lounge was perfect for us. I believe there are thermal spa Suites in the Haven that would give you the sauna access without having to purchase the extra package.

Thanks, the thermal spa haven suites have already all been sold out 😞 

I do like the idea of the Haven and I know the dining is way above the main dining rooms (I prefer sweet potato fries and onion rings, which do not exist on any NCL menu now, but Haven will make them for me.)

We were on the Bliss in August. We had a Club Balcony. My sister-in-law was in Haven. I would 100% upgrade to the Haven on this ship. It is the only way you will have a meal without waiting in line, or a drink without pushing past a ton of people. We've done Club Balcony on Epic and Sky without any issues but the Bliss has so many passengers that it's crowded everywhere. Haven will give you a chance to get away from the madness.

• Like 1

LOVE the Bliss for Alaska.  The Observation Lounge is perfect for an Alaskan Cruise.  I had a Balcony Cabin, but have been in the Haven on other NCL ships.  It's a whole other level of service, drinks and food.

That said, I never had any problems getting drinks on the Bliss.  If one bar was busy, there was another one 50 feet away that wasn't.  Don't recall waiting for dining, either.

Yes, it's a BIG ship for NCL, but never felt crowded to me.

Haven?  On any NCL ship?  Concierges will get you into any restaurant, any entertainment venue, usually when you want.  It is rare (very rare) that they can't accommodate.

Personally, I give them my list of what I want to do (excursions, dining, entertainment) at embarkation, and they take care of the rest.  Changes?  They take care of that.  Billing snafu?  They take care of that, too.

Butler?  All snacks, and coffee deliveries.  Dining en suite?  Butler will take care of that, too.

Bar in the Haven has a traditional area "at the bar" and has roaming waitstaff to serve you if you are seated on the chairs and couches.  Service is exemplary.  And, the Haven bar serves as a hub to get to know your fellow guests.  I've become good cruise friends with many of them.  Same goes for the Haven Restaurant.  Food is excellent, although the menu is static.  They will go out of  their way to provide you with alternatives and special dishes for those with dietary restrictions.

The Haven Pool area is served by wait staff and is normally not crowded as is the lounger area.

Haven is just a whole other type of cruise experience.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2