Eclipse: Our Celebrity Suite and Aqua Sky Suite Experience

bnurick

Got off today. Overall, it was enjoyable, but periods where you can see or feel cuts in food and beverage quality and less staffing. It is all doable, but you need to be persistent and hopefully as inflation cools X will continue to roll out incremental improvements.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, SerraG said:

Veal Cannelloni - Hmm. I was influenced by the anti-veal campaign early in my youth and probably wouldn’t be able to order veal.  Love the sides (chestnuts are so good!) but this would be a “no” for me. 

FYI.  The Bolognese that was served in the MDR was a combination of beef and veal.  My wife would have ordered that if veal wasn't an ingredient. 

• Like 2

@bnurick

Bourbon: Good selection. We cleaned out the Woodford Double Oaked last night. Hopefully, they will find another bottle.

Red Wine: Although I brought a few bottles onboard and also have purchased two more onboard, we have sampled every red wine by the glass option. The Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon has been my favorite.

We are going on Eclipse in a little over a week.  

Where were you able to find the double oaked?  Any chance you had premium package and was it included?  If not any idea what the cost was? I am not super picky but that would be a great find to be able to enjoy during our cruise.

We also enjoy good Cabs and Decoy is solid.  Did you find any other Cab's you enjoyed? 

Edited by MattnTricia
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 11:38 PM, MattnTricia said:

@bnurick

Bourbon: Good selection. We cleaned out the Woodford Double Oaked last night. Hopefully, they will find another bottle.

Red Wine: Although I brought a few bottles onboard and also have purchased two more onboard, we have sampled every red wine by the glass option. The Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon has been my favorite.

We are going on Eclipse in a little over a week.  

Where were you able to find the double oaked?  Any chance you had premium package and was it included?  If not any idea what the cost was? I am not super picky but that would be a great find to be able to enjoy during our cruise.

We also enjoy good Cabs and Decoy is solid.  Did you find any other Cab's you enjoyed? 

Hello. Once the Woodford Double Oaked was out that was it, although it’s sold in the onboard stores. No up charge, but was also gambling. Also did Zacappa 23 year neat.

The Decoy Cab was the best IMO. There was a Pinot Noir which was OK. Recommend bringing your two bottle allotment onboard. Nothing else was our style.

Cheers.

IMG_9175.jpeg

Edited by bnurick

56 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Hello. Once the Woodford Double Oaked was out that was it, although it’s sold in the onboard stores. No up charge, but was also gambling. Also did Zacappa 23 year neat.

I like my old fashion's with Woodford or with Zacapa 23.  

I also like both with a single cube of ice.  

If no Woodford Double Oak, I can bring myself to Maker's Mark.  Otherwise, I'll stick to Zacapa 23 or Bumbu old fashion's. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

We will be in a  Celebrity Suite in 10 days. Do you know if they were serving Mer Soleil Chardonnay or Duckhorn Cabernet in the Retreat/ Michaels lounge on the Eclipse?

Mer Soleil chard yes and Decoy Cab.

Jerry the Somm is great, he will work with you.

• Like 1