Guaranteed Cabin on Caribbean Princess?

latebuyer

I'm considering a guaranteed interior on the caribbean princess for a good price but had a bad experience on holland america with an ocean guarantee before. Will princess ever upgrade rooms for a fee if you have a guarantee or are you stuck with your room?

Not so much "stuck". If you don't like your assigned cabin, you can request to be moved to same or similar category/area. Pay a fee?? Probably not.

Choose the cabin category you'd be happy with and wait to see if you're pleasantly surprised.

Our one and only guarantee was our second cruise. Booked a balcony and were assigned a H/C mini-suite. Giant bathroom (no tub) and the biggest balcony we've ever had. It was great!!

Balcony 2.JPG

Balcony 3.JPG

• Like 1

Our one and only experience with a guaranty cabin was on the Pacific Princess.  A couple of days before sailing we found that we had been assigned a cabin.  Only when we boarded did we realize that it was an "accessible" cabin with a walk-in/roll-in shower complete with safety grab bars on the wall.  It was a nice cabin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I'm considering a guaranteed interior on the caribbean princess for a good price but had a bad experience on holland america with an ocean guarantee before. Will princess ever upgrade rooms for a fee if you have a guarantee or are you stuck with your room?

With the new bidding process I would doubt it would be free, maybe not impossible though.  If you are offered a bid maybe offer minimum and see what happens or select your preference now so you can be sure you will be happy.

My cruise this past February I was upgraded to an obstructed view balcony on Emeral Deck from an interior on Lido.  I was on a B2B2B and it was the second part and didn't get notified until on the ship the week before.  View was not really obstructed as it was in between the lifeboats.

4 hours ago, latebuyer said:

One option is, if you don’t want to  wait until your stateroom is assigned, & are interested in an upgrade, you could go onto the Princess site, & see how much you would have to pay if you were to bid for an upgraded stateroom. 

I’m in a balcony & to bid for a Premium Balcony, which is larger with a nice sofa, my minimum bid would be $200 & an upgrade to a Mini Suite would be $600. Since I’m solo I pay double. I’ve bid once & was happy with my stateroom. 

My current Balcony is on deck 10  as the balcony is one of the largest & partially covered & uncovered. All of the Premium Balconies are also only on this deck so I’ve put in a $200 bid. I like having the sofa to relax on. I’ll be interested to see if I get anything as my bid is the minimum. 

Tom🤔

42 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

With the new bidding process I would doubt it would be free, maybe not impossible though.  If you are offered a bid maybe offer minimum and see what happens or select your preference now so you can be sure you will be happy.

I’ve bid before & it isn’t free. I just look to see what the minimum bid would be & decide if I’m interested. 

I just made a bid from a balcony on deck 10, to a deluxe balcony also on the same deck, the minimum bid of $200. It’s bigger with a large sofa. I’ve looked at the deck plans so I know where they would be on Deck 10. 

Since this is a 14 day cruise I will love the Deluxe Balcony if my bid is excepted. 

Wish me luck!

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton