Current MDR Menus (Caribbean)

mcoler181

There were some posts a few months ago regarding the MDR menus, in that the daily classics had been reduced (no NY strip, plus other reduced items) and also a $5 charge for more than one entrée. Is this still the case does anyone know? Just I was watching @CruisingWalter food review video and it seemed to be the old menus but I couldn't see when he had cruised.

The extra charge is still the case.  The menus are fluid, not static across the board like on other lines.  For instance, the Comfort Classics menu I had on Seaside in August is not quite the same as that menu posted recently for Merry and Seascape.  EM

5 weeks ago Meriviglia 8 day had the changed comfort classics with the baby shrimp cocktail and no steak, but with the rotisserie chicken (not fried.)  However, NY strip was offered on two different nights as part of the regular menu.  The $5 for more than one entree was mentioned on the menu.  We ordered the risotto or pasta entree numerous times as a "starter" in addition to our regular mains, which did not incur a charge.  They always brought us a full size portion with our other appetizers.  

4 hours ago, gizfish said:

5 weeks ago Meriviglia 8 day had the changed comfort classics with the baby shrimp cocktail and no steak, but with the rotisserie chicken (not fried.)  However, NY strip was offered on two different nights as part of the regular menu.  The $5 for more than one entree was mentioned on the menu.  We ordered the risotto or pasta entree numerous times as a "starter" in addition to our regular mains, which did not incur a charge.  They always brought us a full size portion with our other appetizers.  

That's good to know regarding the rotisserie chicken as I know my 9 and 13 year olds love a rotisserie chicken so will be the go to if nothing else they fancy. 

22 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Thanks. it wasn't so much the $5 charge as I wouldn't get two entrees but was a bit disappointed when i saw the reduced Comfort Classics selections. 

Just have to wait and see I guess.

I was noticing this too.  I had always thought "well at least if I don't like something on the normal menu I can always get a steak", but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  Grrr.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, angelofjoy23 said:

I was noticing this too.  I had always thought "well at least if I don't like something on the normal menu I can always get a steak", but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  Grrr.  

That was my exact thoughts. 

10 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Not having a steak as an 'always available' would be quite problematic for me. Hope it comes back in future menu updates.

On our 8 day, the regular entrees included filet on surf and turf night, prime rib one night, and the NY strip two nights.  So half the nights included a beef/steak option.  With regards to the question from a different poster about if the charge is applied when a second entree is ordered due to not liking the original entree, while I have no personal experience, I am pretty sure they would not charge in that case.  Also back to the ordering certain entrees as a starter thing, one night we had lasagna in addition to our regular main.  All nights, there is pasta Bolognese, pasta with marinara, and pasta with olive oil and garlic available.  There is always a pasta or risotto offered as a main.  Some sort of salad is often offered as a main most nights, and I am sure you can order it as a starter instead.

• Thanks 1