Coki Beach?

dltvermont

My wife and I have loved going to Coki Beach on past trips to St Thomas. The last time was before Covid. We had planned to go again in March but I am hearing that it has gone WAY downhill with conditions, drug dealing and fighting amongst vendors etc. One source said a vendor was even berating a patron for not tipping enough on their food bill.

Wondering if people who have been here recently have noticed the same and if this is the new norm for that beach?

Ever since I can remember Coki has gone through rough periods, and the VI government brings in security personnel to monitor businesses and visitors. The security is usually visible near the bathrooms.

But, for a number of reasons there may not be security on some days so things can get crazy. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to confirm if there is security on any given day. Maybe my friend google can tell me.

• Like 2

We were there this past may with the grandchildren.  There were police officers present. Wink Wink, nod nod from our server, "If I can get you anything off the menu, let me know".  Other than that, there was a "DJ", who was high as a kite, but not bothering anyone.  I'm going back next week, so it was the usual coki for me. 

• Like 2

We were there in April and it was interesting. We watched a “chef” roll and smoke a blunt while cooking food. There were plenty offers for “party favors”. And there was mentally disturbed man having a full on convo with someone we couldn’t see for over two hours. 
I wouldn’t take my kids there, but it made for an interesting day. 

• Like 1

Why do you think I keep coming back!!

I can mind my own business with a big smile on my face in lovely weather, and do whatever I want. It's almost like that in Ft. Lauderdale.

Ms411 you've heard that crock of total BS, saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"? That's the biggest cockamamie crock of BS I've ever heard in my life.🙄

I don't do Vegas my buddy's do, they go to Vegas every single thing they have including themselves stays in Vegas in jail their not broke their bankrupt because they left everything in Vegas.

NOW, what happens in the islands definitely stays in the islands especially on St. Thomas. I don't blend in but there's so many other cruiser's it don't matter. Always wear a hat and sunglasses tilt my head nobody knows me.😎😁😎 Chill have cocktails all day long whatever or where ever I'm going, I can smoke a blunt walking around anywhere NOBODY CARES. 

In an atmosphere and environment like St. Thomas got any better ideas fire away in the meantime see you soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I would plan on spending $20(US) each way to Coki and back. 

I was wondering what the cost is now for a taxi to Redhook from Havensight and back. 

I would tack on a minimum 30% rate increase across the board on taxi's, ferry's, entrance fees, BEERS, food, BEERS, and more taxi's since the last time you were down there. 

30% should be safe