Kettles in cabins?

CABINET

I wonder if I could ask if Cunard cabins still have kettles and tea/coffee in the cabins.

I am asking here because when I travelled recently with Brittany Ferries they said there were kettles etc in the cabins but there wasn't so I thought I would ask people who have recently travelled to get the most accurate answer.

Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

On QE at the moment and here is the kettle and supplies in our balcony cabin.

However I think the chocolate biscuits (Prince biscuits?) on the right may have sneaked onboard via another route rather than supplied as standard......

Milk is always available via the Lido / Kings Court.

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, NE John said:

Both available in PG too. Illy coffee machines at that and they make very good espresso and coffee. 

Your experiences obviously trump mine - I have a Nespresso at home, so thought "how difficult can this be?" It turned out very difficult, with a lot of faffing and two clean-ups later to get a particulary horrible cup of coffee - It says something when I actually prefer the brown sludge served at breakfast to the Illy coffee served up in the room.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rakkor said:

Your experiences obviously trump mine - I have a Nespresso at home, so thought "how difficult can this be?" It turned out very difficult, with a lot of faffing and two clean-ups later to get a particulary horrible cup of coffee - It says something when I actually prefer the brown sludge served at breakfast to the Illy coffee served up in the room.

I have never attempted to use the coffee machine in the room. I think I did boil the kettle once or twice, but really not often.

20 minutes ago, rakkor said:

Thank you. I have tried a machine a couple of times, hoping it was user error but no, I completely agree. Sludge 'r us. That's why I take my own instant!

Now if I could just get fresh milk in a jug all the time, coffee would be perfect!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Thank you. I have tried a machine a couple of times, hoping it was user error but no, I completely agree. Sludge 'r us. That's why I take my own instant!

Now if I could just get fresh milk in a jug all the time, coffee would be perfect!

Actually, my Italian DW made the Illy so the machine may have understood her better…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Ah. Thanks for that.

I should have sworn at it in Italian, I'll know next time!  🙂

Less trouble just to go up to the QG Lounge and get them to bring you some coffee, though I suppose it is a bit of a walk from the back. 🙂

Edited by exlondoner

4 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I was pleased to read that!

I thought it was just me.

Never got the thing to work, so her indoors brings a jar of instant. I really prefer tea.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 10:18 AM, Pushpit said:

However I think the chocolate biscuits (Prince biscuits?) on the right may have sneaked onboard via another route rather than supplied as standard......

Milk is always available via the Lido / Kings Court.

LOL....After I attached I saw "my DH's" biscuits wanted their picture taken without me even catching it.....thanks for alerting me.

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2023 at 8:12 AM, techteach said:

We too had a couple of frustrated messes with the machine so I now travel with my own coffee bags and DH boils the water. They are now on the packing list with the painters tape and magnets.

Hi, techteach, I'm just curious - what is the painters tape for? Do the magnets not work on the walls or door? Thanks! PSA

It has come in handy several times. I can post a note on the window, “out here.” I’ve used them to hold up a hem in a pair of pants. I’ve used them on a piece of tapestry so the thread doesn’t catch during sewing. Wrap a piece around cords, in one case to hold up Christmas decorations in our cabin. We were in a cabin in September where the magnets didn’t work, not on Cunard, and I was glad I had my tape.

• Like 1

Taping up the trousers. Reminds of when I tried it. I was in a hurry to go on a date years ago when I was a student. The hem of my dress was down so I taped it up. While we were sat down in a pub my date said oh you seem to have got some tape stuck to you and proceeded to pull it. Very embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We bought our son a suit many years ago and on the first night wearing it the pant hem came out. (Very poorly constructed obviously) Not having time to properly sew it I grabbed the painters tape, which lasted through dinner. Being a quilter I always have needle, thread, and a small scissors with me and was able to repair it before dinner the next night. But, the painters tape is a permanent part of my travel kit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Taping up the trousers. Reminds of when I tried it. I was in a hurry to go on a date years ago when I was a student. The hem of my dress was down so I taped it up. While we were sat down in a pub my date said oh you seem to have got some tape stuck to you and proceeded to pull it. Very embarrassing. 

A mini stapler was my go to student hem repair!

We were in a balcony cabin so no machine, actually we thought the instant provided was nice, but only had coffee a couple of times, we did use the kettle a lot for my night time teas, I always carry Camomile and a South American one called bold in tea bags, for the coffee, we had same thought as you  @Victoria2 that would have been great to have fresh milk, we didn't think about  @Pushpit 's  option to grab from Lido, I think that was because we were a way away from the dinning on the 6th deck, but were told we could ask room service if we wanted fresh milk....

@techteach some of my friends laughed at the fact that I always travel with some tape, glad to know I'\m not alone!!! and never without safety pins!

Gonna start thinking about what we will need for Christmas 2024 on board Queen Victoria again, have spent Christmas on the beach many times but never at sea.... for what I hear and read, I'm so exited!!! 

42 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Gonna start thinking about what we will need for Christmas 2024 on board Queen Victoria again, have spent Christmas on the beach many times but never at sea.... for what I hear and read, I'm so exited!!! 

I like Christmas decorations so last year for my pre Christmas cruise on QV I bought lovely felt decorations and put them on the wall of my cabin I also had a couple of light up tins from M&S plus a few battery operated strings of fairy lights. Tacky but I loved my Christmas themed cabin. Can only fit in a 5 nighter this December but will still take a few bits 🎄🎄

• Like 3