views on balcony upgrade - Caribbean cruise

I am back and fore in my decision as to whether to go for a balcony upgrade. I currently have an outside cabin. Going on voyager on 12th November foor paradise islands 7 day cruise (first time cruise for me and my wife)

a few weeks ago it was £750 for the upgrade to a large balcony cabin. Today its down to £450

what's putting me off is that we have 5 port days so not sure what benefit a balcony would bring, I can understand the appeal if it was a scenic cruise ie Norwegian fords ,  panama canal where the scenery is constantly changing but not sure of the benefit where we have 5 port days.

I generally on other holidays always pay for a room upgrade for a balcony view but the upgrade price is generally a lot less ie usually less than £100

Only you can decide what's best for you. We've had outside and balcony cabins and both worked. We like to sit on the balcony and have a drink when we get back from a tour but equally you could have a drink on deck. With the time difference you will wake up early and it's lovely to sit on the balcony with a coffee watching the arrival into port, but equally you could put the money saved towards your next cruise!

Enjoy whatever you decide

We have been to the Caribbean lots of times and wouldn’t even consider anything that is not a balcony. It is so restful to sit out in the warm evenings listening to the sea especially with a tot of something in your hand!! You won’t regret it. Enjoy

i was also surprised to be honest - its was originally going to be £750, then when i checked 2 days ago it was £440 but had gone by the time they could update my booking.

checked again this morning as on the tui site i could see that a large balcony room could be booked but it was £650 there to upgrade but when i contacted marella they said it would be £288 so very happy with that.

all contact has been made through marella cruises face book page 

3 hours ago, Sheera07 said:

Wow you were lucky, when we tried to do that tui told us that upgrading to a balcony the cost would be what it was priced at when we booked originally, otherwise they said everyone would try to upgrade .

Yeah thats been their usual policy Sheera but it seems  to depend on who you speak to or on what platform.Pity TUI aren,t quick to respond outwith facebook

Contrary to belief everyone isn,t on facebook so maybe a good idea would be for  TUI to have the  same pricing policy on the likes of this across the board whether its via facebook,online,call centre or TUI store so all of TUI customers have access to it

Put 10 TUI Customer Advisers in a room and they,d all come up with a different price😆

Ps

We intially  had an outside cabin for our cruise on Voyager  last month but fancied a balcony.Visited the TUI store where we booked and they called to get a price which wasn,t what we were willing to pay.Chanced our luck and popped in a few days after and we were offered it at a cheaper price than previous time although the online  price or cabin allocation had changed

Loved the balcony BTW

Edited by Jim The Scot