Reasonable hotel close to Boston cruise port.

hunt182644

I realize that reasonable is different for everyone. Am looking for a hotel fairly close to port, where I will not have to leave an arm or leg. Possibly a shuttle service and restaurant .Have plenty of time to do my research, still looking for opinions if you have stayed at a hotel that matches these questions.

1 hour ago, hunt182644 said:

Am looking for a hotel fairly close to port, where I will not have to leave an arm or leg.

Boston is a fairly expensive city for hotels and the port is located right in the city. Hotels in the immediate vicinity of the hotel will be on the more expensive side, generally speaking. 

I realize that reasonable is different for everyone.

Of course-- but what is reasonable for you? What sort of budget are you looking at? It's a lot easier to help with that in mind. There is a Hampton Inn right by the pier which can be in the mid to low $100s but sometimes can jump into the $200-300s range depending on if there are conventions in town etc which is still pretty reasonable for Boston. 

Possibly a shuttle service and restaurant

There are plenty of restaurants in South Boston/Seaport district where the pier is. I have not heard of a hotel with a shuttle to the cruise terminal-- Uber or taxis will be your best bet. 

Your other option would be to stay outside of the city in a place like Quincy which will lower prices significantly but you'll have to Uber to and from the port. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Boston is a fairly expensive city for hotels and the port is located right in the city. Hotels in the immediate vicinity of the hotel will be on the more expensive side, generally speaking. 

Of course-- but what is reasonable for you? What sort of budget are you looking at? It's a lot easier to help with that in mind. There is a Hampton Inn right by the pier which can be in the mid to low $100s but sometimes can jump into the $200-300s range depending on if there are conventions in town etc which is still pretty reasonable for Boston. 

There are plenty of restaurants in South Boston/Seaport district where the pier is. I have not heard of a hotel with a shuttle to the cruise terminal-- Uber or taxis will be your best bet. 

Your other option would be to stay outside of the city in a place like Quincy which will lower prices significantly but you'll have to Uber to and from the port. 

A LOT depends on what time of year the OP is asking about as well. I checked the Hampton inn next to the pier for our mid-July trip and the cheapest refundable rate I could find was north of $US675 for one night.  We're planning to stay way up in Burlington and drive down the morning of the cruise

• Thanks 1

I have stayed at Hampton Inn that is fairly close to the airport, not sure about the cruise terminal but public transportation in Boston is good.   The Hampton Inn was under $100.  There is also a hostel  in the downtown area  The reviews were good and praised how easy it was to hop on the T  (subway) but that was to the Airport. Also, might not be your style.  I would consider it (age 73) especially if I was in a group of 4 and could get a room for 4 which means no sleeping with strangers