Everything.. Norwegian Aqua / Prima class #3

Steff79

4 minutes ago, macewank said:

Noticed this as well, but got a little concerned because that "too early to book" message also comes up when it's sold before final payment sometimes. After talking with my PCC she said it doesn't look like it's been opened up at all yet.  Inventory is 0/0 or something.

Triple quadruple double double crossing fingers I'm able to score it for the Miami inaugural.

I contacted them and was told my cruise will open 1yr before for vibe.

Didn't see the PR notification linked, this is what I saw yesterday. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-the-first-ever-show-at-sea-celebrating-the-global-icon-prince-to-premiere-aboard-the-all-new-norwegian-aqua-in-2025-302249243.html

Hopefully its done well, it could be pretty creative with the new main stage setup on the Prima class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG in that link it says the Fleetwood Mac and Rolling Stones tribute bands will now perform in the main theater and not Syd Normans.

NCL is listening to the complaints of Prima and Viva.

The ever popular "Syd Norman's Pour House" also returns to feature rock-and-roll tributes to Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, and other legendary artists of the Classic Rock genre. Additionally, the highly sought-after Fleetwood Mac tribute experience, "Syd Norman's Presents: Rumours," which is a staple of the intimate dive-bar venue and always performs to a packed house, will now be offered in the main theater, accommodating over 700 guests in each show, making it the ultimate concert experience.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I am hoping they start to use this class of ships more in the warmer climates and the away plus class in the colder, more northern climates.

Agree. Prima class ships are NOT made for cool weather. Pushing everyone indoors is a nightmare

NCL moves their ships around so much that it will be impossible to keep all these newer ships in warm climates.  Remember the Breakaway was built exclusively for New York and the Getaway exclusive for Miami?  That did not last very long before they were moved out.

I believe in trends.  15 years ago the trend started for Broadway and Vegas shows.  Now the pendulum has swung back to standard cruise ship entertainment.  The trend also started for more and move outdoor space.  However when the weather is bad or its a cold climate makes it a crowded ship.  I wonder if the next class of ship will start to feature less outdoor space.  I am probably in the minority but I prefer indoor space to outdoor space.  You can always lay by the pool.  But the venue size matters more to  me than expansive seating areas around the sides of the ship.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, david_sobe said:

OMG in that link it says the Fleetwood Mac and Rolling Stones tribute bands will now perform in the main theater and not Syd Normans.

NCL is listening to the complaints of Prima and Viva.

The ever popular "Syd Norman's Pour House" also returns to feature rock-and-roll tributes to Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, and other legendary artists of the Classic Rock genre. Additionally, the highly sought-after Fleetwood Mac tribute experience, "Syd Norman's Presents: Rumours," which is a staple of the intimate dive-bar venue and always performs to a packed house, will now be offered in the main theater, accommodating over 700 guests in each show, making it the ultimate concert experience.

That's a very smart move.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, david_sobe said:

NCL moves their ships around so much that it will be impossible to keep all these newer ships in warm climates.  Remember the Breakaway was built exclusively for New York and the Getaway exclusive for Miami?  That did not last very long before they were moved out.

I believe in trends.  15 years ago the trend started for Broadway and Vegas shows.  Now the pendulum has swung back to standard cruise ship entertainment.  The trend also started for more and move outdoor space.  However when the weather is bad or its a cold climate makes it a crowded ship.  I wonder if the next class of ship will start to feature less outdoor space.  I am probably in the minority but I prefer indoor space to outdoor space.  You can always lay by the pool.  But the venue size matters more to  me than expansive seating areas around the sides of the ship.

The pendulum didn’t swing back on shows it Ncl be cheap not want to pay game shows are cheap and make cruise director host win a prize take money instead but want new jvc speaker and on new ship this “if” need ship be sold and rebuilt as something new with wide ass and skinny body can be taken off