Currently on Seascape - Here's my thoughts so far as an MSC Newbie!

Valpacino

14 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Divina is currently doing mostly short cruises around the Med. which appeal to the mostly non-English speaking guests in those countries.

Not exclusively of course, but your chances of seeing someone post about those cruises on this site is a lot lower than those doing the Caribbean cruises out of the US ports.

She will head for Miami at the end of the month so you may see more reviews once we get further into December.

Once again Mark you have proven to be a fountain of knowledge.  I had not been tracking where she was sailing recently but that does make perfect sense.  I am hoping we get some first hand information prior to our sailing in February.

• Like 1

Valpacino, thanks for the review , husband and I were on this cruise on Deck 10 just Fantastica level. We were on this cruise mainly for the itinerary and theme as we loved seeing all the Halloween costumes and of course dressing up. We found this 2 nd MSC cruise on this particular ship not as good as the Divina in layout and service. We loved all the shows and entertainment. Bummed out we only had one nice weather day in Cozumel but had a great snorkeling experience there and sorry we missed Ocean Cay as it is a fabulous island. And yet again rain on and off in Costa Maya.

Curious where you live as we too took alligator Alley to Miami and live in Bonita Springs. Do you have a restaurant here or nearby?

Screenshot_20231113-091838.png

Edited by ISLABONITA
  • Thanks 1

Thank you IslaBonita for sharing your experience vs Divina.  Your dress is wonderful!  Is this the Gatsby party I've read about previously on here?  The crystal stairs in YC lounge up to the YC restaurant were in darkness the whole duration of our trip which was a shame as it's a lovely effect I think.  

I live in South Ft Myers very close to Fort Myers Beach.  We do not own a restaurant.  We are in guest hotel/lodging hospitality.  I used to be in the food business 20+ years ago when I lived in the UK.

Would you sail MSC again?

On 11/2/2023 at 5:56 PM, Valpacino said:

Afraid it wasn't a miss off on our tray.  There was no jam served anywhere in the lounge at High Tea.  I saw other people asking for it & then saw a butler bring a tray out with about 4 pots on it.  It was only available upon request toda.

Which arcs us over in to 'Snackgate'!  Previous posters have mentioned the lack of available snacks in the Top Sail Lounge.  It seems they were typically laid out in the designated area for selection but this seems to have ceased.  I can confirm there has been no 'snacks on display' during the late afternoon or in the evening.  You have to request them & they are then bought to the table.  I get it in terms of reducing waste but I guess if previous guests were used to a selection being displayed for personal selection a la The Retreat, that seems to have stopped for now.  We have requested snacks & been given a selection on a 2 tier cake stand + a separate stand for nuts & chips.  Last night we dropped by for a post dinner night cap.  Without prompting our regular server brought over a lovely dish with a very nice selection of at least 7-9 Venchi chocolates which we enjoyed.

Whilst addressing what is/is not available this cruise. We were issued with YC watch bands to wear if we didn't want to carry the room card around.  Previous posters had mentioned they were not issued on at least 1 previous voyage.  We did not experience any issues regarding availability of YC watch bands.

DW and I were just in the Y/C last month. No wristbands, and the snacks were not laid out in the top sail lounge. They were brought to you. 

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

DW and I were just in the Y/C last month. No wristbands, and the snacks were not laid out in the top sail lounge. They were brought to you. 

According to another poster, who is on Seascape this week, the snack buffet layout has returned in Top Sail