First time check in online

1stresponder2086

To fully check in you will need to supply info such as the identification you will use, like passport numbers etc, Also Emergency contact information, credit card or debit card info for setting up the onboard account. it will ask about flights before and after the cruise etc.

This can be done in stages and only partially done in one sitting if desired. usually the important thing is to grab an early check in time for embarkation day , the rest can be completed later.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Expressman said:

To fully check in you will need to supply info such as the identification you will use, like passport numbers etc, Also Emergency contact information, credit card or debit card info for setting up the onboard account. it will ask about flights before and after the cruise etc.

This can be done in stages and only partially done in one sitting if desired. usually the important thing is to grab an early check in time for embarkation day , the rest can be completed later.

Thank you.  I appreciate your information 

1 hour ago, 1stresponder2086 said:

Thank you.  I appreciate your information 

The first thing I would do unless you do not care what check in time you get is be on the Carnival web site 14 days prior to sailing, at midnight EST. Grab your time then you can fill out the rest of the info as stated above. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skrufy said:

The first thing I would do unless you do not care what check in time you get is be on the Carnival web site 14 days prior to sailing, at midnight EST. Grab your time then you can fill out the rest of the info as stated above. 

Yes, 12:01 est. gives you a better check in time. 

• Like 1

There are many You Tube videos regarding check in and step by step through the process.  It shows you exactly how to sign in and which sections need to be completed to get an earlier time.  I would suggest you watch a couple of these to prepare you for the check in process especially if you want that earlier time slot.  Good Luck and have fun on your cruise!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

If you are in California, you can check in at 9:00pm the day before your check-in date.

If your check-in date is November 18, you can check-in November 17 at 9:00pm.  This because the check-in time is based on eastern time.

Thank you.   Will do

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, skrufy said:

Can you check in on the HUB app?

19 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Hub App only works once you are on the ship.

I would phrase that as "The HUB App provides minimal capability prior to being on the ship: just a countdown, and the ability to click links that take you out of the app and into your browser.  The useful HUB App functionality is once on board, where you can browse activities, menus, and everything else, for the entire cruise duration, right away."

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 6:09 PM, skrufy said:

I don't know that midnight is that critical. I do it in the morning when I get up and typically get a check-in time around 10:30. So as long as that is early enough for you, I don't think it's necessary to stay up if you aren't a night owl.

3 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I don't know that midnight is that critical. I do it in the morning when I get up and typically get a check-in time around 10:30. So as long as that is early enough for you, I don't think it's necessary to stay up if you aren't a night owl.

I checked us in for our upcoming cruise right at midnight and got an 11:30am to noon slot, group C06.  Last year's cruise, similar itinerary, similar timeframe, I snagged 10:30-11am, B05.

How many people in a letter-number group, and how many numbers per letter?  I seem to recall (back when they had you sit in actual designated rows) that "A1" would seat about 20 people, then "A2" another 20.  Does it always go up to A09, then B01?  I think that's what it did last year, when we were in B05.  So that's 180-200 pax per Letter.  So maybe 500 ahead of us in the Zones?

I'm thinking there are a lot of D&Ps on this cruise, and now that they have to get a check-in time and Boarding Zone assignment (new this year, right?) it means they are occupying essentially all of the A & B series?  It is a slightly bigger ship (Vista vs Magic, but not hugely bigger) on an itinerary that is unusual (S Carib), and the ship is newly re-positioned (Port Canaveral).  So that might be like D&P moths to the flame, as it were.  Actually, only 500 D&Ps (and FTTFs?) seems low, since Vista holds 4000 pax at double occupancy.

I'm not too concerned - last year when we boarded A01 was called at 10:57am, and we were called at 11:00am for our B05 zone.  Those three minutes almost killed us!  Suites were called at about 10:40am - a whole 20 min earlier.  If we waltz in at 11:30am and have to wait 10 min, I think I'll survive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1