Muster Drill

Jayhoaps

Hello everyone, I'm set to go on Cruise on Monday and I'm very excited. However, I am new to Princess Cruise, just wondering once you board the ship, how do you complete the muster Drill, or find Muster Station. 

Any insight or guidance on this manner, would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks again. Time. 

Princess has made it much easier. You can identify your muster station by looking at the map on your door. Simply check in at the station where they will scan your medallion and then watch the safety video in the comfort of your stateroom and you will be all set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Princess has made it much easier. You can identify your muster station by looking at the map on your door. Simply check in at the station where they will scan your medallion and then watch the safety video in the comfort of your stateroom and you will be all set. 

Thanks for your reply, if my room is not available at this time, where can I find it?

1 minute ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks for your reply, if my room is not available at this time, where can I find it?

Any crew member can direct you based on your stateroom number. But your room will be available by 1 pm and I don’t recall them setting up the check in stations before that time.  

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Any crew member can direct you based on your stateroom number. But your room will be available by 1 pm and I don’t recall them setting up the check in stations before that time.  

Okay thanks so much.

Just to clarify, I can watch the safety video on the app and then proceed to muster station?

27 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, I'm set to go on Cruise on Monday and I'm very excited. However, I am new to Princess Cruise, just wondering once you board the ship, how do you complete the muster Drill, or find Muster Station. 

Any insight or guidance on this manner, would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks again. Time. 

Have a great time!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Once you are onboard and connect to the ship’s intranet you can see your muster station and watch the safety video on the app under Safety Essentials

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

As you board and encounter your first ship's security person, ask them for the location of your Muster Station.

Muster stations are located on deck 7, Promenade deck. Muster station "A" is located in the Princess Theater, then B, C, D etc moving aft on deck 7. Knock that out as soon as you board and then watch the muster movie on your smart device while you have lunch waiting for your room to open.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

As you board and encounter your first ship's security person, ask them for the location of your Muster Station.

Please do not do this.

Scan your medallion and proceed through the security checkpoint onto the ship without delay and don't hold up the queue. Just beyond security you will enter the ship, most likely just off the Piazza or into a large elevator lobby where there are dozens of crew just waiting to give you directions to wherever you wish to be. If you decide to just wander away in any direction you will encounter more crew just hanging out, holding radios, and answering questions. Questions like "where is my muster station?" are very popular and once again, they are there to answer exactly that sort of thing.

There are dozens of crew members whose only job that day is to make sure you know where your muster station is. The security guy scanning people onto the ship is not one of them.

Edited by Outerdog
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

It goes like this:

Me-"My muster station is?"

Security- "Station "C"."

Me- "Thank you."

I never stop moving to hold up any queue that may or may not be there.

Then who do you ask where station D is ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, memoak said:

Then who do you ask where station D is ?

I fully assume that you were giving a "tongue-in-cheek" reply...but for those who *really* don't know:

1) Just look on the inside of your cabin door

2) Ask your steward

3) Ask any crew member you see.