Cabin Stewards Knowledge of my Cabin Purchase

cheetosrevil

15 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I get the same service as anyone else so why should I pay more then other cabins. It used to be we all gave the cash to our servers and it wasn't tiered amounts. Why are you comparing working in the USA service industry to other countries where crew make a fortune compared to what they would earn at home.  

Havedogwilltravel has offered some NEWS re: gratuities on other recent threads. Interesting.

17 hours ago, CynCyn said:

This is going to go OFF on tips and I still want to know why OP is asking!

My guess is the OP is in a comped cabin and is getting less than stellar service. But we'll never know unless the OP actually responds and gives us a reason.

• Like 2

To return to topic, I don't see why or how a steward is going to know how much someone paid, etc, with the following exceptions.  One:  The ship upgrades the guest on or after embarkation day for some reason so the two stewards involved are aware of the move.  Two:  The guest requests a cabin change for some reason after boarding and is given one.  Again the affected stewards will be aware.  

When a #2 situation above occurred recently for us, I assured our original steward the move had absolutely nothing to do with him and it was too bad he couldn't move with us.

• Like 2

OP has yet to return. End of thread. 

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

My guess is the OP is in a comped cabin and is getting less than stellar service. But we'll never know unless the OP actually responds and gives us a reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

OP has yet to return. End of thread. 

Agree. Have to say, this thread ranks as one of the imponderables on CC.

My favorite was the one where the poster needed to know which side of the doorway to stand on to get into the MDR. I was going to post, the outside, but didn't.

There is zero reason for crew to have access to passenger information outside of their purview.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

When a #2 situation above occurred recently for us, I assured our original steward the move had absolutely nothing to do with him and it was too bad he couldn't move with us.

Excellent point!  I doubt that I would have even thought about that.

8 hours ago, MacMadame said:

When you make a thread, don't you follow it automatically? That's what happened to me with my threads the one time I checked. 😕

No, you have to check the box below the body text area. At least this is the case on a desktop PC as well as on my android phone...both using Chrome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 5:02 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

No, you have to check the box below the body text area. At least this is the case on a desktop PC as well as on my android phone...both using Chrome. 

@Rick&JeannieI did "follow" the thread, but don't need to announce that I'm doing so. Plus, I cruised after my question. Good golly, forgive those of us that don't respond instantly.

Edited by cheetosrevil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cheetosrevil said:

@Rick&JeannieI did "follow" the thread, but don't need to announce that I'm doing so. Plus, I cruised after my question. Good golly, forgive those of us that don't respond instantly.

While on the cruise, did you find out if the cabin steward know/find out how you made the purchase?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

While on the cruise, did you find out if the cabin steward know/find out how you made the purchase?

I didn't ask him. I might have if he didn't seem so overwhelmed and I'll leave that comment there.

If it was the steward who saw me and remembered me from a few months ago and had been promoted I should have, but didn't think to do so. Maybe on my March cruise.

Finished reading through the responses to my post. Isn't this site supposed to be a supportive place for cruise questions? My inquiry wasn't extreme, repetitive, accusatory, inflammatory or the like. I didn't respond immediately...apparently that's noticed and if not done so it warrants criticism? It's no one's business why I asked or didn't respond to everyone's satisfaction. My cabin wasn't comped @hllwdcruiser--I cruised solo and paid double. The vitriol is unnecessary and rude.

13 minutes ago, cheetosrevil said:

Finished reading through the responses to my post. Isn't this site supposed to be a supportive place for cruise questions? My inquiry wasn't extreme, repetitive, accusatory, inflammatory or the like. I didn't respond immediately...apparently that's noticed and if not done so it warrants criticism? It's no one's business why I asked or didn't respond to everyone's satisfaction. My cabin wasn't comped @hllwdcruiser--I cruised solo and paid double. The vitriol is unnecessary and rude.

I apologize if you think I was rude. I re-read my response and in no way do I see any resemblance to "vitriol". I was just trying to guess why you asked the question as was everyone else.
Usually posters give a reason as to why they are asking a question.
Usually when someone asks a question, they are polite enough to stay on the site long enough to respond to those who attempt to assist.
Your post was not "usual" nor was your lack of follow through.
You appear to be absolutely seething. Why are you so angry? If you believe that things are none of our business, then why on earth are you posting on a social media site? 
Take a deep breath and let it go.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

2 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I apologize if you think I was rude. I reread my response and in no way do I see any resemblance to "vitriol". I was just trying to guess why you asked the question as was everyone else.
Usually posters give a reason as to why they are asking a question.
Usually when someone asks a question, they are polite enough to stay on the site long enough to respond to those who attempt to assist.
Your post was not "usual" nor was your lack of follow through.
You appear to be absolutely seething. Why are you so angry? If you believe that things are none of our business, then why on earth are you on a social media site? 
Take a deep breath and let it go.

Vitirol was inclusive, not directed at you specifically, but your point it taken. Ouch, feel better?

On 11/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, DrivesLikeMario said:

I know that for sure.  

It's true.  They do know who has packages and who has prepaid grats.  They also get a daily printout if any of their rooms has cancelled.  My Stew in Dec 2022 on Discovery showed me the printout.  

Edited by Its the journey
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 11:53 AM, Betatlake said:

Our room steward actually left his clipboard with cabin assignments in our room; on embarkation day, and prepaid gratuities were listed as stated above.

Mine showed me.  There is a spreadsheet and beside each name it shows things like the dining time and packages purchased etc.  also there was a code by each name, mine was a "Q".  If I were guessing, that code is probably an indicator of the fare paid, just as it is for airlines...but I didn't ask my Stew 

• Thanks 1