Inaugural Silver Ray Voyage Cancellations

Dolcevita Diva

Apparently passengers on the June 3rd and June 15th voyages of the Silver Ray are in the process of being notified that there are delays in construction and those first two voyages are cancelled…

If you’re booked on one of these voyages, contact your TA. 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
Duplicate word

1 hour ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Apparently passengers on the June 3rd and June 15th voyages of the Silver Ray are in the process of being notified that there are delays in construction and those first two voyages are cancelled…

If you’re booked on one of these voyages, contact your TA. 

The same thing happened to us on the Nova last July. We rebooked on the second cruise in August and had a great time and loved almost everything about the Nova. I am sure the Ray will be equally impressive. I'll bet the Ray has the same dress code as the Nova- hooray!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

The same thing happened to us on the Nova last July. We rebooked on the second cruise in August and had a great time and loved almost everything about the Nova. I am sure the Ray will be equally impressive. I'll bet the Ray has the same dress code as the Nova- hooray!!

I’m not really surprised by the news.  When the June 3rd voyage was added (which was that long ago), I went to book it and it was shown as waitlisted almost immediately. That had me wondering if they either shut down bookings due to a possible delay or decided to reserve the initial dates for travel industry preview. 

5 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

I’m not really surprised by the news.  When the June 3rd voyage was added (which was that long ago), I went to book it and it was shown as waitlisted almost immediately. That had me wondering if they either shut down bookings due to a possible delay or decided to reserve the initial dates for travel industry preview. 

Either way you don't want to be on that cruise.  Check out the Explora forum for how their multiple travel agent + 'influencer' cruises have affected the paying customers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anymore about the cancellations?

We are booked on 3rd June B2B London - Rome.

I reached out to our travel agent (well known UK agent) and they heard the cruises have been cancelled but they had not heard officially from Silversea and will email me when they do.

Two weeks later still nothing so I rang Silversea Australia.

They confirmed the first two cruises have been cancelled but there is a legal issue and that is why TA and passengers have not been contacted.

They also suggested we should wait to hear officially before we cancel flights and hotels because they may reimburse any out of pocket expenses - I won’t hold my breath!!

Anyone know anything?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are seriously thinking of booking this cruise but we are a little concerned having read several comments about the cruise being cancelled. Our main concern is that we will be booking our flights independently so may be stuck with flights and no cruise!  Can anyone provide any information on the current status of Silver Ray, the builders, Meyer Werft website still states that the ship is in production?

• 2 weeks later...