Kids traveling with one parent?

Skippy

8 minutes ago, Skippy said:

My kids will be going on a cruise with their dad (my hubby) over spring break. Do I need to fill out some kind of permission form? If so, where can I find it?

I can’t go cause new job and not enough time off.

Typically you will need a notarized letter from you authorizing your husband to take the kids on the ship and ashore.  However the requirements are not uniform nor universal.  Therefore you need to find out what the requirements are from Celebrity (for them to allow you on the ship) and each individual country that your husband will be taking them to.  If your husband and kids are flying to a foreign port to start the cruise, the airline may also have a requirement.

• Like 1

Consent for travel with one legal guardian. Look on internet. You can print the form off. It gives you a place to list all the ports. Then take it to any notary. Last year we didn’t have it on a Caribbean cruise and we’re never questioned anywhere but this year my daughter is getting divorced and her future ex husband has agreed to it. Thank goodness as it would be terrible to be denied at the last minute. 

Several years ago I was on where not having the document turned into a super hassle or a family.  It started with their flight being over sold.  Mom and a couple of kids took the next flight while dad and the eldest daughter waited for the flight after that, but there was a problem and they missed the ship. The airline tried to get them to the first port to join the cruise, but he didn’t have permission to enter Mexico with her without mom’s signature.  The entire trip was ruined.

this is all an effort to stop kidnapping and trafficking.  

get the documentation.

Edited by cruisestitch

My daughter and I took the grandkids on RCL this summer. We had a letter notarized and signed by their father giving permission for the kids to travel. They did ask for the letter. I guess I should mention that the children carry their father’s last name but although being married for 20 years my daughter carries her maiden name. I don’t know if that matters or not because they didn’t ask about marital status. 

45 minutes ago, Skippy said:

So I found several forms from other cruise lines but none specific to celebrity cruises. Where can I find the celebrity cruise form? 

You don't have to use a form per se as long as all the relevant information is on it (and it's notarized). 

Having said that, you could use this Royal Caribbean Group form and assign your husband as the accompanying adult.

Edited by mahdnc

Here is something I found on a Celebrity website (not the usual celebritycruises.com website) that gives some guidance: link (see the third FAQ).  It doesn't say you have to fill out a form but you need to present a notarized letter with the specified information/language in it.  Like the form I mentioned in my previous post, this is for a situation where the adult is neither the parent nor legal guardian, but I think the guidance on the wording of the letter would be the same as for your situation.

image.png.f1323947388925c42b7fabde3096abc1.png

If you want complete peace of mind that you are documenting this correctly, I would contact Celebrity Cruises or have your travel agent do it.

Edited by mahdnc

I just traveled alone with my son on Celebrity. From what I understand you only need a form if you are not the legal guardian or you don't have the same surname as your child. So I didn't bring any form and no one asked to see anything at the airport or on the cruise, just our passports. 

• Like 1