Carnival Pixel Packages

drvmywifecrzy

First off let me apologize as I am a man and get easily confused.  Can someone help me understand the difference in the 3 Pixel Packages.

One part that confuses me is the ad as it states:

5 ProPortraits Package $99.99 save 20% 

10 ProPortraits Package $199.99 save 40%

15 ProPortraits Package $299.99 save 50%

Now I do math for a living so I can clearly see the cost on each of these packages is $20/photo.  How the heck is the saving % different.  Like I said I am a man so I am clearly missing something here.  

Is there a chart that helps to clearly see the difference in these packages (other than the quantity of pictures)?

2 minutes ago, Spudd said:

In each of the links you provided, there's a section under the marketing paragraph with bullet points saying "What's included?". That clearly lays out exactly what you get with each package.

What is this?

• A beautiful signature photo from Carnival's National Geographic award-winning photographer, Radu Ursu!

Just a random picture of nature or this person takes a picture of me so I get a 6th?

1 hour ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

What is this?

• A beautiful signature photo from Carnival's National Geographic award-winning photographer, Radu Ursu!

Just a random picture of nature or this person takes a picture of me so I get a 6th?

It's just a random picture that he took as far as I am aware. The value add is the canvas prints etc included in the bigger packages.

Edited by mz-s
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

First off let me apologize as I am a man and get easily confused.  Can someone help me understand the difference in the 3 Pixel Packages.

One part that confuses me is the ad as it states:

5 ProPortraits Package $99.99 save 20% 

10 ProPortraits Package $199.99 save 40%

15 ProPortraits Package $299.99 save 50%

Now I do math for a living so I can clearly see the cost on each of these packages is $20/photo.  How the heck is the saving % different.  Like I said I am a man so I am clearly missing something here.  

Is there a chart that helps to clearly see the difference in these packages (other than the quantity of pictures)?

The people who buy pictures get the cheers package and the more one drinks the more savings they “think” they get. 

• Haha 2

We just got the $199 package on a recent sailing. 

10 pictures that would have been $20 each, but for this package, they add a canvas print, which is probably what bumps the price up to show a 40% discount. 

I do wish they sold packages of DIGITAL photos. 

This was the first time we bought a package pre-cruise, after ending up spending about $300 on the last day of prior cruises.  They used to sell the digitals for a reasonable cost after you buy the prints.  We really just want the digitals! 

Learned my lesson on this past cruise- don't buy the package if you don't want the prints! The digitals were $22 and they were $5.99 each if you buy the print for $20. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, cocomango said:

Learned my lesson on this past cruise- don't buy the package if you don't want the prints! The digitals were $22 and they were $5.99 each if you buy the print for $20. 

I wanted to clarify, because I also want the digitals. The $199 pixel package that includes ten photos and the canvas... there are no digitals included, and the digitals would still be 22 each? 

13 minutes ago, AmberMarie said:

I wanted to clarify, because I also want the digitals. The $199 pixel package that includes ten photos and the canvas... there are no digitals included, and the digitals would still be 22 each? 

Everything that is included in the package is listed on the website. If digitals are included they'll be listed. If not you'll have to buy them separately. 

On 2/8/2024 at 8:45 AM, AmberMarie said:

$22 per digital seems really high, but maybe this is the going rate? I really don't want the actual prints either but rather the digital version so I can print when I get home. Is that type of package available? 

1 hour ago, Pika8347 said:

$22 per digital seems really high, but maybe this is the going rate? I really don't want the actual prints either but rather the digital version so I can print when I get home. Is that type of package available? 

Not that I am aware of. You can buy digital photos individually in the Hub app on ships so equipped.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:27 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

What is this?

Radu used to work for Carnival, but I guess they are going to profit as much as possible off of his photographs. Carnival does own the rights to anything to took in their employment.

13 hours ago, Pika8347 said:

The $300 pkg is digitals only. But honestly I think it depends on the ship. On the Breeze they gave me both,i had the $300 (15 pix) pkg. But on the Jubilee I purchased the $300 pkg & was gifted the $200 pkg. I was allowed to select 14 digitalis plus the canvas which is a print & 10 prints, including the canvas print. I had to go back to read the description of the packages to understand it

On 11/5/2023 at 1:07 PM, Stick93 said:

The people who buy pictures get the cheers package and the more one drinks the more savings they “think” they get. 

Do the math

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 8:59 AM, mz-s said:

Everything that is included in the package is listed on the website. If digitals are included they'll be listed. If not you'll have to buy them separately. 

Really????? They don't give you the digital images????

Just now, drvmywifecrzy said:

The part about them charging you double

I think most people are able to understand the concept of a bundle and the fact that some bundles don't include everything I may want.

For example at Chick-Fil-A I don't consider it being charged double if I want a cookie even though I've already ordered a #1 meal.

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

I think most people are able to understand the concept of a bundle and the fact that some bundles don't include everything I may want.

For example at Chick-Fil-A I don't consider it being charged double if I want a cookie even though I've already ordered a #1 meal.

But the #1 meal comes with free refills of my lemonade.  They dont charge me again for the same thing

11 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

But the #1 meal comes with free refills of my lemonade.  They dont charge me again for the same thing

My final reply. An 8x10 and the digital file are not the same thing. If you want both you'll have to pay for both, or don't buy anything at all.

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

My final reply. An 8x10 and the digital file are not the same thing. If you want both you'll have to pay for both, or don't buy anything at all.

Thanks for the tip.  I will update you after my cruise

• Like 1