LIVE - Ruby Princess, Nov 6 - 20, 14-day Circle Caribbean

aring75

Tonight was our first formal night and we had dinner in Sabatini’s. 

First off. It was great. 

We waited two minutes to be seated and that was because they wanted to check to see if there was a table by the window. 

There was. 😁

IMG_2322.thumb.jpeg.257b506cd31157b6351b71e8d3cafbf5.jpeg

IMG_2323.thumb.jpeg.ce702e2568f55da524940e3650d20ce5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They start everyone off with the arancini and some fresh bread (still warm).

We ordered salumi e formaggi misti. 

IMG_2326.thumb.jpeg.f283a1d1d9b7f4f90ffaaa1e7500495a.jpeg

Fritto Misto alla Veneziana 

IMG_2324.thumb.jpeg.4e605528951eed609096f19bb647e2a3.jpeg

And our waiter brought Chef’s Version Panzanella

IMG_2325.thumb.jpeg.65f2c073325306b78a4f82872d7ff7f3.jpeg

• Like 6

And now I’m wondering if you can die from eating too much.

Service was great and Sabatini’s is a large, brightly-lit restaurant with lots of seating. I was pleasantly surprised and we are thinking we might go back again later this cruise. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, schnapperin said:

Botticelli Was the worst the first two nights, tonight tried DaVince and worked a bit better as they really tried to get tables full,‚service was a bit on the slower side

My understanding you did not have any reservations done pre-cruise, right? But it seems that it does not matter on Ruby, at least now....It never crossed my mind not making a reservations and still go to MDR. We did it on Royal, and worked as a charm, no glitches, no waiting, scan medallion and directed to the table.

5 minutes ago, trin880 said:

My understanding you did not have any reservations done pre-cruise, right? But it seems that it does not matter on Ruby, at least now....It never crossed my mind not making a reservations and still go to MDR. We did it on Royal, and worked as a charm, no glitches, no waiting, scan medallion and directed to the table.

I have reservations for each night pre cruise - which didn’t work out as I was still in line over 30 minutes and that was with going from a private table to a shared, otherwise it would have been a lot longer

So switching to the non reserved worked even quicker 

but Da Vinci today was like that, everyone with a reservation had to wait maybe a max of 5 minutes, seems it’s More of an issue as the other one, let’s see how it is tomorrow

Edited by schnapperin

2 minutes ago, schnapperin said:

I have reservations for each night pre cruise - which didn’t work out as I was still in line over 30 minutes and that was with going from a private table to a shared, otherwise it would have been a lot longer

So switching to the non reserved worked even quicker 

It is so strange. Why non-reserved would be given a priority over the reservations? I believe passengers deserve explanation and formal apology. I don't think I would be very patient and might have just gone to the buffet 😂, but not something I would be looking forward every single night. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trin880 said:

It is so strange. Why non-reserved would be given a priority over the reservations? I believe passengers deserve explanation and formal apology. I don't think I would be very patient and might have just gone to the buffet 😂, but not something I would be looking forward every single night. 

this is how it was done today (had a 6.20 pm reservation and the captain didn’t showed up until 6.30 pm so gave that one a miss), DaVinci gave priority to the reserved guest who walked simply in, but they seated them on some larger tables and added some non reserved (and asked if others could join), which was how I was able to jump the queue for the non reserved even. That was well done

feedback forms at the cabin today and have already noted it down, highly doubt anything will change to be honest

We decided to abandon the Michelangelo dining room tonight and switched to Botticelli….OMG what a difference. The lineup to get in was still a bit long (we had a 7 pm reservation and were seated at 7:15 pm) but the level of service was like night and day. Not to disrespect the hardworking Michelangelo servers, but the coordination just wasn’t there and for the last two nights, the dinner service took over two hours.
So we switched, and are now Botticelli loyalists with a standing reservation.

And the vegan Buddha bowl was fantastic.

F27781A7-DB98-4AA3-8502-F0278EB1AE1A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is so fun to follow along   Thank you & especially for your honesty   Are there deck chairs on the promenade deck so you can sit & look up a the horizon and the sea as you sail by?  That is one of my favorite things & there were none on Discovery in April.  I am afraid they are going the way of the dodo on Princess

• Like 1

22 hours ago, banderboo said:

Let me know how you like St Kitts and what you did? We are heading that way on our next RCL cruise and haven’t been before. 

We've been to St Kitts a couple of times and just wander around the port shopping area.  Plenty of local shops.  There is a centralized open air bar with live music and dancers.  The local beer was pretty good and reasonably priced.  I think it was Caribe.

• Like 1

Arrived on time but clearing the ship took a bit and def understand why some mention the noise level on deck 5, good things I have an excursion planned for each port so won’t wake up from that level of noise

Breakfast from IC was also great - love the Swedish bread style breads with eggs or smoked salmon

did a tour with Annie’s (currently on the way back) which was great as it goes around the island with some stops including the fort (all to ourselves) highly recommend that one 

Lots of available deck chairs on the Promenade deck, which wraps all the way around on the Ruby.

We’re tied up today next to our sister ship, Emerald Princess! There’s also a Celebrity ship here in St. Kitts, so the shopping area at the port was busy.

I tried another couple of selections at the aft Juice Bar this morning…the carrot, ginger and turmeric one is certainly a waker-upper!

DAF3F86A-CAA7-42B0-B5FC-6E448418A933.jpeg

9328EA18-317B-4D20-8684-F9C4B979C643.jpeg

FD3DC464-3885-43B9-8330-0A9A728EE461.jpeg

• Like 8

Oh, and the gym and new cycle/stretching area are great! Nice and quiet on a port day, as were the pools.

They were doing some repairs on the Lotus Pool, which hasn’t been opened yet, but it was refilled today, so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

4BD680C9-FBD1-4C2B-BEB7-245B63792118.jpeg

DF76069E-3BD3-4D14-904D-E24E65A2216B.jpeg

EDCC79C0-30E2-4F88-AE16-91F811E57F09.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, schnapperin said:

Where is the juice bar located? 

At the Outrigger bar, right above the aft Terrace Pool. The Juice Bar menu sign seems to be out only in the mornings…I was there just after 7 am and was able to get them. It’s included in the Plus/Premium packages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

At the Outrigger bar, right above the aft Terrace Pool. The Juice Bar menu sign seems to be out only in the mornings…I was there just after 7 am and was able to get them. It’s included in the Plus/Premium packages.

thanks! I was wondering if they had them available as I the booster sounds fab. Will see if I can get one tomorrow morning 

• Thanks 1