Are any cruise ships stopping in Israel?

65Mommy

You really wouldn’t want to be in Israel right now. I have friends in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and they tell me they hear bombs dropping around them almost constantly. 
Choose a more peaceful Christmas vacation and say a prayer for all those innocents ( on both sides) impacted by hate. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Szt said:

You really wouldn’t want to be in Israel right now. I have friends in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and they tell me they hear bombs dropping around them almost constantly. 
Choose a more peaceful Christmas vacation and say a prayer for all those innocents ( on both sides) impacted by hate. 

Yes, sadly, lots of questions and uncertainty in the Middle East.  Not certain what happens next, how long things are bad and how widely, if and if, things spread.  

From the Reuters newswire this morning, they had this headline: Travelers put off holiday trips to Middle East as Israel-Hamas war rages with these highlights: “Travelers are canceling or postponing planned vacations to the Middle East and North Africa due to fears of the Israel-Hamas conflict worsening, and as touring companies have also altered itineraries and canceled flights.  Travel operators say the war is affecting demand for travel to nearby nations including Egypt, Jordan and Turkey.  'We are seeing clients cancel cruises like an Egypt Nile river cruise as far out as December 2024 due to concerns with the war,' said Todd Elliott, CEO of Orlando, Florida-based Cruise Vacation Outlet, a travel agency.

From one booking platform cited in this news report, they have "seen a 70% decline in new bookings for countries in the region. Over 40% of trips to Egypt in November and December have already been canceled on the platform.  Cancellation rates in Turkey and Cyprus have doubled for November and December."

Also cited:  " 'While the conflict in Israel is very geographically limited so far, we suspect some cruise bookers are hesitant to book a European visit, even to the western Mediterranean,' said Truist analyst Patrick Scholes."

Full story at:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/travelers-put-off-holiday-trips-middle-east-israel-hamas-war-rages-2023-11-06/

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 22,183 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:46 PM, Szt said:

We are now looking at German holiday market river cruise