Ice in cabin

luv2cruz4fun

Hard to say.  I am onboard now and I asked to have ice each day and I have received it.  I am pretty sure my cabin attendant decided to make me next to last for cabin service because of that request.  My room is usually done between 2 and 4, which works for me because I don't have to "guess" where I am on the schedule.  

I think it's more a matter of the steward, not when they make up your room, etc. Although it is probably easier for them to remember special requests when they are making up your room.

On my last cruise I had the best steward ever, I'm sure that if I'd have asked him to deliver ice precisely at 3:42 in the afternoon, that's when it would have been delivered! But a month earlier, my steward was at the other end of the scale, never met her until the very end and only because I had to chase her down to get a copy of the "You'll be leaving soon" - and she basically said she was sure she'd given me one, didn't have any extras, so too bad, so sad! But every day I found a hero card and her name card in the middle of my bed.

The stewards are working more or less 9-5 from what I've seen. So probably wouldn't get anything in the evening but you could ask for an afternoon "delivery".

It was announced a few years ago that NCL would discontinue automatically bringing ice to the cabins each day.  If you want ice, not a problem.  You just have to ask your room steward and he/she will bring you a bucket of ice.  This change happened around the same time the towel animals were discontinued too.

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

You need to have the Free at Sea unlimited Ice package

🥶

You're not far off if some other posters are correct....some on these pages have claimed they had to order ice from room service, incurring the room service fee. Don't know exactly how accurate this is as I haven't experienced it, but it's the word on the deck.