Return of Future Cruise Deposit

Calif Explorer

1 minute ago, Calif Explorer said:

On a recent booking, I did receive the on-board credit from a future cruise deposit.  However, when and how do we get the initial $100 future cruise deposit back?

Thanks.

If you received the OBC it means you used the FCD as your initial deposit which should have reduced your final payment by the $100.  There is nothing to get back.

• Like 3

If you meant that you used it for a cruise, then t&atravel is correct, there is nothing to get back, as the $100 is credited to your balance. You do get OBC for your cruise.

If you meant that you have decided not to use it, then you can wait a year and it will automatically be returned to whichever account, usually a credit card, paid for it. I have read that you can also call Princess and request it be returned earlier than a year. I always book with it though, so full disclosure, I never get anything back.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

Your booking agent used your FCD as your deposit for your sailing.  It allows you to book most sailings for the $100. that you pay when you enroll.  You may have noticed that your full price for the sailing was reduced by the $100 that amounted to your deposit.  Otherwise your deposit would have been in the multiple $100's range. (typically $400. pp)

So, your $100 is gone.  It was applied to the total cost of your sailing.  The benefit that you received when you purchased it was an OBC of an amount that varies with the type of cabin you had.  This is often $50. pp.