Current Early Embarkation Experiences?

difranco

I know this is a regular question, however, as we are now well past covid embarkation testing etc, what have been your experiences of arriving at the port early for lunchtime embarkation ? I know most guests in general class cabins will be given embarkation times of 1400hrs or later, but with other luxury lines allowing boarding from 1200hrs are Silversea rigid or flexible with these times.

I arrive from an overnight flight at 0800hrs on embarkation day and don’t particularly want to start looking for day rooms etc. Would rather hang around the airport for breakfast and a freshen up before taking a taxi to the port for 1130hts arrival.

The ships information board say’s embarkation begins at 12. Of course, a lot depends on how quick the shore side check in goes. It’s a little bit of walk from the terminal to the ship , and stairs to board.  The last of departing passengers have just left.  We were on by 12:30 3 weeks ago. See you soon 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

The ships information board say’s embarkation begins at 12. Of course, a lot depends on how quick the shore side check in goes. It’s a little bit of walk from the terminal to the ship , and stairs to board.  The last of departing passengers have just left.  We were on by 12:30 3 weeks ago. See you soon 

I am on bus #2 and there are only 2 busses. So the folks on the first one should be leaving here at 11:40(from what I have been told). 

I never seem to make the #1 bus.

See you soon.

Recently on Silver Dawn at Southampton we arrived at 12.30 pm, officially our time was 1 pm.  We just walked straight through.  As we got out of taxi there was a wheelchair immediately, we handed over our luggage, we booked in, again no-one in front of us, through security and on board.  We did not sit down at all and it was one of the best, if not the best embarkation in over 60 cruises.  We headed straight up to Arts cafe for coffee and a snack until the cabins were ready.

Hi, I made a decision and took a cab to the ship🙂 instead of waiting for that bus. I am here now at the terminal waiting for check in and there are about 25 or 30 people already here. 

• Like 1

Good call on just taking the cab, but you are well aware of that now.

Just for the sake of posterity, we were on bus #1 from the hotel in Barcelona.  It was due to leave the hotel at 11:15 but was nearly an hour late.  The only bad thing that happened is that we had a later lunch, but I would've gladly just taken a cab had I known we would run so late.

In the future, we'll just look into a cab (especially if we aren't on the first bus).

By the way, check-in at the Barcelona terminal was very smooth.

Have fun, Lois!

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Current Early Embarkation Experiences?