Is 11:45 am too early from Seattle?

craig01020

32 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Hello all.

My August Alaska cruise is scheduled to return to Seattle at 6 a.m.  Is it realistic to book an 11:45 am flight home from SEA?

Thanks.

I did it in Sept., but I did not use luggage assist.  I took my bags off with me and took a taxi to the airport.  No problems, and got to the airport about 9:30, stress free.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Hello all.

My August Alaska cruise is scheduled to return to Seattle at 6 a.m.  Is it realistic to book an 11:45 am flight home from SEA?

Thanks.

Keep in mind, August is high cruise demand.  Thousands of folks will have the same idea as you.  At times, there have been very long lines just to get into SEATAC.  Also, if there is an accident on the fwy, or the ship arrives late, you can be in trouble.  I know you want to get back home fast, but take the next flight.  Better to arrive back home a few hours later than you would like, than to miss your flight, and then be super stressed about purchasing the last minute ticket.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Keep in mind, August is high cruise demand.  Thousands of folks will have the same idea as you.  At times, there have been very long lines just to get into SEATAC.  Also, if there is an accident on the fwy, or the ship arrives late, you can be in trouble.  I know you want to get back home fast, but take the next flight.  Better to arrive back home a few hours later than you would like, than to miss your flight, and then be super stressed about purchasing the last minute ticket.

Thanks. 11:45 am is the latest flight offered by Southwest for SEA-BDL. I bought refundable tickets so I can change or cancel if needed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Hello all.

Thanks.

6:00 am may be the "arrival" but ship walkoff typically begins around 7:30am.  Day of week and # of ships disembarking in Seattle (there are two piers) will affect your commute to SeaTac.  Having TSA Pre (or doing "spot saver") is essential at SeaTac, as the lines are long. If you are prompt, and this is a domestic flight, you should be okay.

Just now, julia said:

Having TSA Pre (or doing "spot saver") is essential at SeaTac, as the lines are long. If you are prompt, and this is a domestic flight, you should be okay.

Thanks Julia. Yes, I have Pre-check and this is a domestic flight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, taznremmy said:

I did it in Sept., but I did not use luggage assist.  I took my bags off with me and took a taxi to the airport.  No problems, and got to the airport about 9:30, stress free.

I was wondering what time you left the ship? Also did you have any trouble getting a taxi? I've got a 12:08 flight on a Saturday after a cruise.

52 minutes ago, jack300s said:

I was wondering what time you left the ship? Also did you have any trouble getting a taxi? I've got a 12:08 flight on a Saturday after a cruise.

I don’t remember the exact time, but it was with the walk off’s, which are the first groups to go.  I didn’t have a problem getting a taxi.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

I don’t remember the exact time, but it was with the walk off’s, which are the first groups to go.  I didn’t have a problem getting a taxi.  Good luck!

taznremmy, Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

• Thanks 1