St. John beach on our own from St. Thomas port

bioengr

As many have recommended... planning to take a taxi to Red Hook Ferry terminal in the morning.  After Ferry to Cruz Bay, want a nice but fairly short beach experience.  Prefer one with decent facilities (restrooms, drinks, food and water toys).  Recommendations?  Trunk Bay, Honeymoon Beach, or ?  

I think the fee is now $5 for Trunk.

You can't take a taxi directly to Honeymoon Beach. You either hike in or take a taxi to Caneel and then either hike a short trail to Honeymoon or pay for a golf cart shuttle to the beach. No admission fee. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

They should. The National Park Service is looking for a new vendor for those items, so hopefully there won't be a gap in providing service.

You can rent those items, though, at Beach Bum which is a store upstairs from ferry dock.

• Thanks 1

Hey Ms411 you mentioned the Parks Service looking for a new vendor for chair rentals. 

What's the status of the restaurant and bar at Trunk Bay? I've had difficulty finding pictures of the new setup out there. I thought the previous setup was fine, it's just gotten so busy at Trunk I thought the Parks Service might have added on or put something else at Trunk. Thank you 

I haven't been there after covid either. 

I was hoping the Parks Service would do the same with Magens Bay and Trunk Bay maybe put in some types of eatery restaurants and bars that would be up to par with the bay.

I've looked for the last couple of year's for new pictures of the restaurant and bar and Trunk Bay post covid and haven't found anything. 

Thank you 

There are so many platforms for posting pictures nowadays so it can be harder to find what you're looking for if you don't check multiple sites.

Fewer people are posting and viewing in the St Thomas/St John forum on cruisecritic, but I think those interested in St Thomas/St John are looking, asking, and posting on other platforms. 

A popular St John blog may have pics. I'll check.

That's exactly like it was before but newer. Nice!! It looks great. New menu board and more lunch options. 

Trunk Bay bar it works, it's simple but works. They'll sell buckets of beers too.

I didn't have a bucket but I had a backpack cooler that worked great.

Its nice out there. 

Thanks for the pics Ms411.