How is FCC distributed between passengers after price drop

Candy Apple 12

My February cruise (past PIF date) has gone down by about $900. If they will give me FCC for the difference, how will that be distributed between the three passengers in my cabin? $300 each or $900 to the lead passenger? One reason it’s gone down is the third passenger is now free (had been $98).

I don’t have any cruises scheduled for after that cruise, so I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth asking. Maybe one of the other passengers in my cabin would want the FCC. If it all goes to me (I’m the lead passenger), could I give it to one of my traveling companions for a future cruise?

IIRC I have one year from the ending date of the cruise to use the FCC and sail. Am I correct?

2 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

My February cruise (past PIF date) has gone down by about $900. If they will give me FCC for the difference, how will that be distributed between the three passengers in my cabin? $300 each or $900 to the lead passenger? One reason it’s gone down is the third passenger is now free (had been $98).

I don't have the direct answer to your question.  In my case of 2 passengers the FCC was divided between the two of us.   It's very likely you'll save money so worth the phone call.

• Like 1

We were also two persons, and the price drop FCC was divided between the two of us. An alternative to asking for a price drop future cruise credit, is that there may have been significant pricedrops also in other cabin categories, so that you can purchase a regular upgrade and just pay a few dollars for the upgrade (just paying the difference between what you have already paid and the current price). This is possible to do also after final payment, as long as the new cabin cost more than the original cabin (even if the difference is only $1 in plus).

On 11/7/2023 at 9:29 PM, davencl said:

I don't have the direct answer to your question.  In my case of 2 passengers the FCC was divided between the two of us.   It's very likely you'll save money so worth the phone call.

On 11/8/2023 at 6:45 AM, TrumpyNor said:

We were also two persons, and the price drop FCC was divided between the two of us. An alternative to asking for a price drop future cruise credit, is that there may have been significant pricedrops also in other cabin categories, so that you can purchase a regular upgrade and just pay a few dollars for the upgrade (just paying the difference between what you have already paid and the current price). This is possible to do also after final payment, as long as the new cabin cost more than the original cabin (even if the difference is only $1 in plus).

On 11/8/2023 at 7:35 AM, njkate said:

Mine was split 50/50 between myself and second passenger even though I paid 100% and it can not be transferred

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I called my TA and asked for the FCC. She said NCL put in the request, and I’ll get an email in 5-6 days from NCL. I don’t know if I’ll end up using it because this is my second cruise this year, but at least I’ll have it if I am able to cruise again.   

Will I see the FCC in my NCL account?

Edited by Candy Apple 12

I just called NCL, to submit a request myself as my cabin on the Xmas cruise dropped $1300!!  They said they need to submit a request tot eh "Price Drop Department" I did not know the even had one LOL.

The rep told me that i will get an email from them explaining how much it the FCC will be for.  There will be a FCC for myself and my wife and we can use it on a future cruise.  If i wanted to see it just log in and check my NCL account.

8 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I called my TA and asked for the FCC. She said NCL put in the request, and I’ll get an email in 5-6 days from NCL. I don’t know if I’ll end up using it because this is my second cruise this year, but at least I’ll have it if I am able to cruise again.   

Will I see the FCC in my NCL account?

Yes you will see the FCC in your account at the end of your cruise.

I called my TA this morning and they put me on hold to call NCL. She came back and said the price had dropped and NCL will email her later with the FCC amount. I'm not sure it is going to be a lot but I'll take it esp. since I booked the cruise expecting the price to drop quite a bit and it did not.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:45 AM, TrumpyNor said:

If the price has dropped and the higher category costs more, you can pay the difference and upgrade to the higher category. But if the price drops so much that the higher category costs less than what you paid, you can’t upgrade to higher category even you don’t want any refund for the price drop. 

2 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

If the price has dropped and the higher category costs more, you can pay the difference and upgrade to the higher category. But if the price drops so much that the higher category costs less than what you paid, you can’t upgrade to higher category even you don’t want any refund for the price drop. 

That is exactly what I said, just with a different wording........ 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@TrumpyNor

That is exactly what I said, just with a different wording........ 

Hello Anita

The usual problem when one is following a thread!!!!   Not so long ago I answered a comment and within two hours I had 5 notifications; all were saying the same thing i had!!

I am actually not following the thread, but MY reply was quoted, and the person who quoted me gave the impression that he/she gave additional information but pretty much said exactly what I said. So I just didn't understand why my post was quoted in the first place (AND seemingly giving an inpression that my response was inaccurate...).🤔🙂🙃

22 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I seem to remember seeing percent off FCC on my online account but not the discreet $$$ FCC for a price reduction.  Is my memory failing?

In our case it was a discreet dollar amount not a percent off.  Can't comment on your memory. 🙂 

Here's a copy of the email I received in July for an August sailing.

In review of current rates for your sailing xxxxxxxxx, we have identified a price drop in the amount of $1199.9.

As a one-time good will gesture,  we have created 100% of that amount as future cruise credits for you below:

2372943xz - guest1 - $599.95

2372945xz - guest2 - $599.95

These credits will be available for one year to book and sail, upon completion of your current sailing on Debarkation Day.  

Please note terms and conditions include but are not limited to the following:  Your future cruise credit (FCC) is only applicable towards sailings six days or longer, FCC provided is non-transferable, FCC provided is non-refundable, FCC is issued to guest 1 and 2 on the reservation only, guest who cancel their reservation prior to sailing will have their FCC deactivated from their client profile.    

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon! 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, davencl said:

In review of current rates for your sailing xxxxxxxxx, we have identified a price drop in the amount of $1199.9.

As a one-time good will gesture,  we have created 100% of that amount as future cruise credits for you below:

These credits will be available for one year to book and sail, upon completion of your current sailing on Debarkation Day.  

Please note terms and conditions include but are not limited to the following:  Your future cruise credit (FCC) is only applicable towards sailings six days or longer, FCC provided is non-transferable, FCC provided is non-refundable, FCC is issued to guest 1 and 2 on the reservation only, guest who cancel their reservation prior to sailing will have their FCC deactivated from their client profile.    

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line, we look forward to welcoming you aboard soon! 

Yep, those are nice emails.  Did the $599.95 show up on your online account screen as well?

18 hours ago, davencl said:

Thank you for sharing this! It’s exactly what I was looking for. I was not aware of the six day or longer requirement, so I can’t do a short cruise. It’s also nice to know that it’s split between the first two guests only. 

• Like 1