Wi-fi for 2 Devices

CruiserKris34

I would check periodically -   It is often discounted during sales.    On my cruse planner for November 25 Edge cruise is showing Regular Price 47.19 and on sale for 36.99

If you are a member of CC there are discounts that can't be stacked.    Elite 30% discount and Elite Plus 35%.   You have to call in to have these applied.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I'm almost Elite 🙂  Thanks.  PS - I got this cruise free thru the gambling club Blue Chip, so maybe they won't give me any more discounts LOL.  Kris

Keep checking on the sales.   You may snag a deal.

• Thanks 1

Am I correct in thinking that you can just buy 2 Device WiFi plan for one person and share that (vs. buying 1 device plan for both passengers in the cabin)? I understand we will have to share the login

Edited by ETHTrader

19 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

Am I correct in thinking that you can just buy 2 Device WiFi plan for one person and share that (vs. buying 1 device plan for both passengers in the cabin)? I understand we will have to share the login

I guess that never even crossed my mind.  I thought since it said 2 devices, that it could be each of our phones.  I thought that they were giving you a small deal for buying 2 instead of 1.  Good question.

1 hour ago, ETHTrader said:

Yes you are correct. With the one person  two device plan. A single login account is used for both devices. It does not matter which device or person as long as the correct credentials are used. 

As an example, say I buy the one person, two device plan.  On the ship I log in with my iPad and create my account.  I then use that account username and password to log in my iPad and get internet access.  I then use the same username and password to log in my iPhone and get internet access.  Both devices on the internet at the same time. 

Now my wife wants to use her iPad.  I log my iPad off and she used my username and password to log her iPad on and get internet access.  Now my iPhone is still connect and her iPad is connected. Again, two devices, one account (person). 

I hope that makes sense and helps. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, verizon said:

That’s I been doing without logging off and switch devices for the internet 

One log in account with two devices using the same time.

You only need to log off and log back on if there is a third device.

If you do not log off one of the two connected device, you will not have any choice in  which one will be kicked off when the third device logs on.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

They say that, but lots of people have reported success in combining discounts.

Some folks are just lucky.  I tried twice to called after getting the sale price with no luck stacking sale + CC Elite status discount.  Another sale on WiFi and excursions should be coming up soon around Thanksgiving.

This past June a friend got a targeted 30% discount via email 3 weeks before her cruise.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I guess that never even crossed my mind.  I thought since it said 2 devices, that it could be each of our phones.  I thought that they were giving you a small deal for buying 2 instead of 1.  Good question.

When they do have sales the better sales are often on one device.  So keep an eye out for those.  When that happens getting 2 one devices are cheaper than a single 2 device option.  If you do get the 2 device option they would have the same log on.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

Is there any advantage to buying the "ONE person" twice vs the "TWO person" once 🙂 LOL.  We just each have a phone.  Thanks for all of the advice!  Kris

the one person, two device is normally less expensive that two individual buying a single device each. 

• Like 1

I’ve just  noticed the Celebrity Pass (which offers premium wifi for two devices) is cheaper than buying wifi for 2 devices  outright. 
I”ve purchased one pass purely for the wifi (which both myself and partner will be able to use on our phones). I’m not bothered about the other perks and sailing Concierge cabin so get an embarkation lunch anyway. 
IMG_4260.thumb.png.ee7e25dbc029f8b67db3acd365bd4ede.png
IMG_4258.thumb.png.942e3c7c83e9b9a9d30d8845f81449c4.pngIMG_4259.thumb.png.b83eff984ecba6efc45554763f1c8852.png

IMG_4260.png