Interport sailing....

Hello!  With the 2025 European sailings dropping yesterday, my family is looking at a 7 day Mediterranean cruise on Allure of the Seas.  What I found strange is that there are 3 dates sailing out of Barcelona leaving on a Sunday (Oct. 5, 12, and 19th) and 3 dates sailing out of Rome (Oct. 2, 9, and 19th).  Thinking it is a glitch I msg Royal for a verification and they said it is interport sailing.  So....is the ship only taking a portion of cruisers out of one port and picking up more later????  Seems weird but we've only sailed out of the US.  Would love some feedback 🙂

397976481_1551284542075801_1015240526177060692_n.png

Edited by cannotfathom
better picture

Just now, cannotfathom said:

It looked like it should be sailings for 2 ships.  One that went out of Rome and one out of Barcelona.

No.  It is one ship that embarks and disembarks passengers in Both Barcelona and in Rome.  This is very common in Europe and Royal has been doing this for years

• Like 3

Just now, cannotfathom said:

It looked like it should be sailings for 2 ships.  One that went out of Rome and one out of Barcelona.

Again, interporting is normal and what RCI has been doing in the Med with O class for years. Rhapsody is also doing it out of Colon/Cartagena.

4 minutes ago, cannotfathom said:

No. You can either decide if you want to embark in Rome (and call at Barcelona) or embark at Barcelona (and call at Rome). Your choice.